𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝙷𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗: 𝙻𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜. 𝙿𝚒𝚣𝚣𝚊?

"Never have I ever..." Mina paused as she thought, using her free hand to tap the tip of her nose. Her other hand was held up, thumb and pointer finger down.

I sat in front of her, one hand up as well with three fingers down. Our plates had been cleared and my credit card was laying on a small tray, ready to be taken by a waitress. Our cups sat in front of us, both of us taking sips occasionally.

"Been swung around by my ankles."

"Okay that one was targeted," I said as I put another finger down and sipped my drink.

"Maybe, maybe not. As far you know, watching people get swung around by their ankles is my favorite past time." Mina smirked at me and winked, resting her head on her free hand.

Her zip up had fallen of her shoulders, which wasn't a surprise considering it was two sizes too big for her. What was a surprise however, was the brown mandala that was on her shoulder.

"It's a henna tattoo! It's been used forever, since like ancient Egyptian times to make temporary tattoos! They only last about two weeks though," she had told me when I asked.

It was intricate yet suited her very well.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, my turn. Never have I ever... showed up to a false distress call." I eyed the woman as her mouth fell slightly open.

"That was one time!"

I burst out into laughter, Mina trying to hold back her own giggles.

"It was an off day, alright?"

"Sure, sure." She leaned over the table, hitting my arm, which only made me laugh more.

This went on for a while longer until we finally left the little café, opting to take a walk around the park.

We underestimated how cold it would be.

"Damn, I thought it would have warmed up by now," Mina said, disappointment lacing her tone as she pulled her coat up over her shoulders, covering the beautiful design on her skin.

"What is it with the weather lately?" I wondered aloud. "Cold is normal this time of year but even this is excessive."

She nodded and held my arm closer to herself as we walked down a secluded path.

"So you're a lawyer as well right?" She asked out of no where. I was a bit startled by the question, pausing before I answered.

"Yes." I cleared my throat, "yes I am. I've haven't practiced in years, but I passed the bar. That stands for something."

"Doesn't law school take like six years to complete? How'd you do it in one?" She sounded genuinely confused, making me smile a bit.

"My memory mostly. I read through the material and instantly remembered it because of my quirk. And I can speed read, which helped a lot." I explained, waving my hand as if to cast a spell.

"Look at you, Ms. Memory!" She laughed and boosted herself on her toes, kissing my cheek again.

I laughed and looked down at her. I had never payed much attention to her eyes before, but here, staring at them, I finally realized how strangely beautiful they were. Her irises were more gold than yellow, and the winter sun made them shine against the black that took up the rest of her eye.

"What were you like in high school?" I asked. "I barely ever saw you in a social situation during the short time we did overlap at U.A."

She thought for a moment, a shiver racking her body as she pulled my arm closer to her body.

"A normal teenager I guess." She said finally. "It feels like so long ago."

"It's only been six years since you graduated, so it hasn't been that long." She looked up at me when I said that, eyes wide. A cold whip of wind blew her short hair slightly.

"Holy shit, you're right. It just feels like decades ago."

"Yeah, I get that. Life has changed so much since then. Feels like forever since I went to a high school party," I said, smiling as I remembered what I could from parties in high school. Drinks, dancing, short skirts, tight pants, absolutely nothing of substance.

"We didn't have many parties at U.A., but when we did they were pretty tame. I'll tell you though, hero galas? Once the camera stops rolling all hell breaks loose. People start yelling, spreading rumors, fighting, breaking out alcohol. There's already alcohol there, but apparently it's not enough for some people!" She sounded exasperated as she spoke, her free hand waving around as if to somehow prove her point.

"Looking forward to it then."

"So am I," she scoffed in an obviously sarcastic tone, "there's one this weekend and I don't even want to go, but— wait you're going?" She looked back up to me again, eyebrows knitted together in a look of utter confusion.

"Yeah I am, Jirou asked me to be her plus one so— I'll be there." Mina looked almost conflicted for a moment before smiling again.

Well played Jirou. Well played.

"Awesome!" She leaned up again and kissed my cheek. "I'm glad you're coming! Usually they're so boring, but with you there it'll be great. Some survival tips though— don't, and I mean don't, talk to Mt. Lady after eleven. She's usually drunk by then and if you try to talk to her you will end up sitting with her for three hours as she tells you her entire life story, and yes, she will cry if you leave." I laughed as the words left her mouth and I couldn't imagine Mt. Lady crying as I tried to leave her while she rambled.

"I'm serious here (Y/N)! I'm speaking from experience!" This only made me laugh harder as I imagined the woman beside me trying to leave a table with Mt. Lady sobbing at her.

I calmed down after a moment and glanced at Mina again. "Any other advice for me? To tell you the truth I'm kind of nervous."

"Oh don't be, it'll be be fine. Fair warning though, Endeavor does come, him and a few retirees. He is absolutely gross and we all avoid him."

"You're cheating on him aren't you?!"
"I would never!"

"Damn."

I was hoping I'd never have to talk to him again after our fight outside the convince store. And knowing him, he'll make sure I can't avoid him.

"That sucks."

"Have you met him before?" She asked, squeezing my arm with her hand.

"I have. Lets just say we didn't leave off on the best of terms."

"I don't think you can leave off on good terms with that guy. It's like he picks a fight everywhere he goes!" Mina exclaimed, tired of Enji's attitude when she hasn't even talked to him yet.

"You've fought with him before?"

Mina is so sweet, how could anyone fight with her?

"Hell yeah. He insulted me because of the outfit I was wearing at the time, it was disgusting. I made sure to give him a piece of my mind." She rolled her eyes and rested her head on my shoulder.

"Jesus christ, he can't chill out for five minutes can he?" I muttered.

"He really can't." Mina muttered back.

I hate this guy.

hey hey!

sorry for skipping an update, i wasn't doing so hot for a few days, but i'm great now!

Fun Fact: Endeavor really shouldn't be at the hero galas since he's retired, but he pays off security to let him in.

reminder: you are not alone. there are people out there who would do anything for you, and there are people going through the same thing. you are not alone, i promise. accept the help you need, don't suffer alone. i love you all💞💞

Over and out.