𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚑𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎: 𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚖

After the whole cigarette thing, we snooped around the house a little longer, not really discovering much other than the man's manga collection and hatred of cleaning. We all had our moments where we held back the urge to puke.

The contaminated cigarettes were safe in the lab getting tested when Bakugo, Eijiro and I walked back into the meeting room.

Todoroki sat alone at one end of the meeting table, looking bored as he scrolled through what I assumed were prison quirk records. Iida stood at the whiteboard full of victims, mumbling to himself as he scanned police reports and victim statements.

Izuku and Ochaco sat at another end of the long meeting table, engaging in a very heated conversation.

"Look at it this way, if he— oh, you're back!" Ochako said, smiling as we walked through the door.

"Hey guys!" Eijiro said as he sauntered in, holding out a fist to Shoto.

"Like you showed me?" He asked.

"Yeah bro, like I showed you!"

Shoto bumped his fist to the red head's, making him smile.

"Hell yeah!"

"Did you find out anything substantial, Deku, or were you just useless as always?"

"Bakugo, play nice and stop being a dick!" I exclaimed, looking back at the blonde.

"It's fine (Y/N), I'm used to it by now," Izuku assured me as he smiled softly in my direction before tilting his head back to look at Bakugo. "For your information Kacchan, Ochako and I actually uncovered something while you were gone."

"What's up?" Eijiro asked, walking over.

I didn't say anything, spinning around a chair and sitting down in it backwards.

"So all the victims just disappeared without a trace right? Well, Ochako and I looked over crime scene photos from the victim's homes."

"And look what we found," she finished, holding out a stack of photos in my direction, Eijiro and Bakugo approaching me to gaze over my shoulder.

The picture was of a living room with a rather ugly carpet covering the floor.

"Look at the top right corner of the carpet, very, very closely."

I held the photo closer to my face, inspecting the top right corner of the carpet.

Is that...

"Are those drops of dried blood?" Eijiro asked, finishing my thought.

"We think so," Iida said, nodding over at us.

"It's so small and kinda blends in with the carpet so it's easy to overlook." Ochaco stated, leaning back in her chair. "If you look closely at a few other photos you can see a few drops on the floor."

...careful to step over the mysterious drops on the floor...

"But there's the catch," Izuku picked up, "not all homes have them."

"So we can assume that the kidnapper hurts his victims in some way, probably to get them to comply. If the drops aren't in the homes then they might have gotten picked up from somewhere else." I rationalized, tapping my bottom lip in thought.

"Not bad Round Face," Bakugo scoffed, almost as if he hated praising her.

"This guy, always with the 'Round Face,'" Ochaco scoffed, looking at me and shaking her hand.

I laughed softly, raising my hand and hitting the blonde in the side.

"Ow! What was that for?!"