𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗: 𝙰𝚕𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝

I don't get why some women refuse to date guys that are shorter than them, I really don't.

I mean I get liking taller guys, I guess, but have they considered short men?

They are immaculate, absolutely immaculate. When you hug them your head goes on top of theirs and it's just— god, it's perfect.

Call me whatever you want, but you won't see me choosing a taller man over one that's shorter than me, especially when he's as short as Tokoyami.

Man is 157 centimeters tall compared to my 170. I was in heaven walking next to him.

"Congratulations on getting the Chichi Koroshi by the way. I heard it was a tough case."

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the hero's words, the tapping off our shoes on the pavement filling my ears again.

"Oh thank you, it was one for the books that's for sure." I responded. My hands were half way in my pockets, my thumbs tapping a tune on my waist.

"You solve a lot of cases don't you? I looked you up after we met to learn some more about you. Your case history is rather interesting. Very lengthy as well, and you haven't been a detective for long."

So the bird man does research?

"No, I haven't, but I'm rather proud of where I am now. I love what I do and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon."

"And you shouldn't! You're good at what you do detective!" My head whirled to Tokoyami, who sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

From his stomach, a mass of black void was staring at me with glowing yellow eyes.

"Hello Dark Shadow, I didn't expect to see you tonight. How are you?" I asked politely, smiling at the bird-like void.

"I'm going great, thanks for asking!"

"I'm terribly sorry about him, I have less control over him in the dark."

"You talk about me like I'm a pest in the dark!"

"You are. You are a pest in the dark."

"Rude."

I giggled at the interaction between the two, trying not to full blown laugh.

"I'm trying to have an adult conversation
here-"

"I'm an adult!"

"so if— then start acting like one Dark Shadow."

"But that's boring."

"I swear-"

"Tokoyami!" Dark Shadow exclaimed, putting a hand (wing? Appendage? Void arm?) to his chest. "There is a lady present!"

I had to bite my lip to stop myself from laughing, one hand crossed over my stomach while the other covered my mouth.

"See, she thinks I'm funny!" Dark Shadow exclaimed, going behind me to hook his void beak over my shoulder. I was slightly surprised it didn't phase through me.

Tokoyami sighed and stared at his shadow counterpart as we kept walking. The wind slightly ruffled his feathers, the tapping of our shoes on the pavement never leaving my senses.

I felt the void creature sink into my shoulder a bit, sighing himself.

"Fine, I'll go I guess. Bye Detective!" Dark Shadow exclaimed, circling around me so that he hovered in front of me instead of behind.

"Good bye Dark Shadow, it was nice talking with you." I smiled and I think he would have too if he had more of a mouth. Following our interaction, he circled back the way he came, disappearing into Tokoyami's gut once more.