𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡: 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚍𝚊𝚢'𝚜 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

Once Daichi and Chiharu left my office, everything was quiet again. The only sounds in the room were my pen on paper and the ticking of the clock.

I signed papers and hummed to myself, lost in my world of contracts and official business.

I stopped a moment, pausing in my actions and looked around my office. The closed door, the balloons, the chairs, the plants, the window, the flowers, the flag, my degrees, my filing cabinet.

Something was off. What though, I couldn't tell you. I reached for my phone, opening my camera. I looked at myself in the screen, twisting my head. I traced along my jawline, hand coming to a stop under my chin. I twisted the diamond earrings that were posted on my ears, watching them shine.

I had got them when I worked my first serial killer case a few years back. The mother of the first victim gave them to me, saying to keep them.

"Agent! Agent (L/N)!" I heard a voice yell over the parking lot. I looked around spotting Suzuki-San as she ran towards me.

"Suzuki-San, how are you?" I asked when she came to a stop in front of me.

"Oh thank you, thank you!" She exclaimed, bowing to me and ignoring my question. "You've brought my son's killer to justice!"

"I only did what was right Suzuki-San. Please call me if you need anything, anything at all. You have my number." I said, smiling softly at the woman in front of me.

"I will, I will. But I want you to have these." She grabbed my hand, unfolding it and placing two small diamond studs in my palm.

"Weren't these...?" I started asking before trailing off.

"They were my son's, yes. I cleaned them for you. He always gave people jewelry as gifts and I thought he would want you to have these. They were his favorite pair." She informed me, closing my fingers over the earrings.

I looked up at the woman face as she clutched my closed hand with hers. She brought my hand to her lips and kissed it softly.

"Don't you want these? Especially if they were his favorites?" I asked, bewildered by her gift.

"I want you to have them more," she said, looking up at me and smiling, tears pricking her eyes. "Thank you. So much."

I smiled, removing my hand from hers and opening it to reveal the studs. I put them on, slipping the backs onto the post.

Suzuki-San held back a sob at the sight of me wearing them, smiling to herself.

"They look so perfect on you." She muttered.

"I am honored by your gift. I will guard it with my life."

I smiled at the memory, twisting the stud back and forth. I always wore the earrings, barely taking them out unless I wanted to clean them or I went undercover.

I shook my head and put down my phone, trying to get out of the nostalgic mindset. I looked around the room once again, smiling at the flowers before returning to paper work.

(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)

I packed my bag a few minutes before my hours were over, the day seeming to short. Maybe I was a workaholic, but at this point I didn't care.

I walked by Chiharu at the front desk whilst I was leaving, seeing her hard at work.

"It's almost time for you to go Chiharu, what gives?"

"I'm making a pros and cons list for each pro hero you're involved with to increase my chances of winning the bet. Daichi already has his money on Deku, Lord Explo and Creati." The brunette informed me, not looking up from her monitor.