𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎: 𝚉𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙

Shoto and I chatted, including Bakugo once in a while as we walked down the street.

I was still trying to understand how Shoto had gotten Bakugo so upset. He must have struck a nerve. The whole number one thing must be a sensitive topic. I always thought that system was stupid anyway. It was mostly judged by how well liked someone was, and I always thought it was unfair.

Then again, Enji was number one for a while and people hate him, so there got to be some truth to the system.

"Well, I should get back to my shift. I've been gone too long as it is." Shoto said once we were all quiet.

"You shouldn't have let us keep you. Go ahead, enjoy your shift." I smiled at him, staring at his eyes again.

They're so pretty.

"I hope to see you again soon my darling."

"I have a feeling we'll see each other around," I said, throwing him a wink.

"Till next time." Shoto practically purred, kissing the back of my hand gently before giving me a wink and running off towards his patrol area.

Bakugo "tched" as he glared daggers in Shoto's back.

"What's gotten you so riled up? I thought you borderline liked Shoto." I observed, eager for his response.

The breeze felt nice on my face as we walked, our hands in our pockets. My jacket lay over my arm from where I had taken it off. My loafers clicked on the cement, Bakugo's running shoes making full thuds.

"I was hoping that this would just be us two and it wasn't." It was a simple answer, but I wouldn't pry for more, not now anyway. Besides, I had another question I really wanted to ask.

"Are you and Deku dating?"

"Why did Shoto's teasing make you so mad?"

We had spoken at the same time and stared at each other as we walked.

"Go ahead."

"You go."

We stared at each other again, not sure how we kept speaking at the same time.

I started laughing and soon I heard Bakugo chuckling along with me. It wasn't his normal laugh, the daunting, annoying laugh he always had. This was genuine.

"Ok, really," I said, laughing between my words, "what were you saying?"

"I was asking if you and Deku were dating." He said it quieter this time as we passed a crowd of people, sinking into his hoodie to try and hide his face.

"No, we're not. I wasn't lying during that interview, it really was just blown out of proportion. Why do you ask? Jealous perhaps?" I teased. He turned red and started sputtering.

"What? No. I'm not jealous, I don't get jealous! Lord Explosion Murder doesn't get jealous!" He exclaimed, quick to defend himself. I laughed, grinning at him.

"You say that, but everything about you says otherwise."

"What the hell does that mean?!" He exclaimed, flexing his hands and I could see sparks starting to fly off them.

"Calm down man, I just mean that you're blushing and you're denying the fact that you're jealous which further proves that you're jealous." He clicked his tongue, turning away.

"Whatever. What was your loser question anyway?"

"I asked why Shoto's teasing got you so mad."

His steps slowed a bit, and I slowed in response. Bakugo was silent for a moment or two before finally speaking.

"Because I'll be number one someday and he needs to respect me," he said in a matter-of-fact tone. His steps sped up to their normal pace and I sped up to keep in line with him.