𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚇𝚇𝚇𝙸𝚅: 𝚂𝚊𝚍 𝚋𝚘𝚒 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜

Iida stares at me, eyes wide and watery. Why are his eyes watering? Are they dry? Does he need eyes drops? His hand went up to his glasses, taking them off in a swift motion. He rubbed his eyes, sighing heavily.

His eyes weren't dry. He didn't need eye drops.

Iida Tenya was crying.

"Iida-"

"I'm sorry, I should go." He said, putting his glasses back on and turning. He starts to speed walk down my hallway, towards the elevator.

I come to my senses, shaking the curtain of shock from my shoulders.

"Iida!" I exclaim as quietly as possible as not to wake my neighbors, "Iida Wait!" I jogged after him, trying to get to him before he got to the elevator. Even walking this man was fast.

I caught up just as he had stopped to push the button for the elevator. I put my hand on his shoulder, turning him to face me.

"Iida, what the hell?" He looks away from me, tears now streaming down his cheeks.

"I'll go, I shouldn't have come." He said calmly, trying to turn back as the elevator opened.

"Iida look at me." I said sternly, not letting my grip cease. I started talking to him on my victim voice, one I used when a victim resisted. "What's wrong? You wouldn't have come and you wouldn't be crying if everything was fine."

I was still taken aback by his tears, stunned that the great hero Ingenium was crying. He always walked with purpose and dignity, proud to be who he is and where he came from.

"I didn't know where to go." He said, still not looking at me. "I thought you would calm me down, so I came here, but I realize now I shouldn't have, so I'll leave you alone." He said quickly.

"Iida, come inside. Let's talk." I said, leading him back to my room. I still had my hand on his shoulder, my other hand rubbing his back lightly as we made our way to my apartment. He reached up and wiped his face, pushing his glasses up in the process.

Pushing open my door, I walked us both inside. I sat him down on the couch, walking towards my kitchen.

"What are you doing?" Iida asks, voice wavering. I didn't answer, striding back into the living room holding a massive bag of candy.

"Behold! My stash!" I exclaimed, crossing my legs on the couch, prying the bag open. I held it open to Iida, and he looked in, pausing. "Candy makes everything better." Upon heading my words, he takes out a small chocolate bar and begins to unwrap it. "So, do you want to tell me why you showed up at my door crying?" I asked, taking a bite of my own piece of candy.

Iida swallowed down his chocolate, eyes locked onto a spot on the coffee table.

"I visited my brother today. The original Ingenium. It's never usually this bad, I usually don't cry, I—"

"Iida, honey, it's ok. Just talk to me." I rubbed his back as he leaned forward, putting his head in his hands.

"He almost died. He could have died, and I couldn't do anything. I just felt so helpless, seeing him in the hospital bed. Sure he's ok now, but Tensei is paralyzed!" He took a deep, shuddering breath. "During first year internships, I tried to get revenge on Stain for what he did to Tensei."

I knew about that, I remember. But didn't Endeavor fight Stain?

"Wait, Wait, didn't Endeavor fight Stain?" I asked, looking at Iida. He shook his head.

"Todoroki, Izuku and I fought the battle, but the police said it was all Endeavor so we wouldn't get in any trouble for illegal quirk use."

I nodded for him to continue, disregarding the fact that Tsuragamae broke code. I don't blame him though, I would have let them off too.