Chapter II: It's Just Dinner!

"That's him. That's the man that raped me," said the girl beside me. A tear went down her cheek as she choked on her suppressed fear and anguish. "I know those eyes anywhere."

I have a quick nod the officer beside me and he went in the interrogation room to handcuff the rapist.

"Let's take this somewhere else," I say, putting my hand on the woman's back and leading her to my office. Once the door closed, I pulled her into a tight hug.

"You are so strong, and you will recover. I promise. You don't have to live in fear anymore now that he has been put away." She cried into my shoulder as hard as humanly possible, so much that her tears wet my shoulder through my blazer. But I didn't care. We stood and she cried while I held her.

(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)

Several minutes later she pulls away, wiping her tears on the end of her sleeve. We sit down and talk about the legalities of the case, her court appearance, and some support groups I think will help her.

Before leaving, she thanks me profusely and hugs me again. Once she's out the door, I collapse into my desk chair.

"Damn. I could go for some Totino's Pizza Rolls about now." Sighing, I get up and look at the time.

6:40

"I should call LEM and tell him he doesn't need to come," I say before realizing that he has my number and not vis versa.

"Well shit."

I sat down at my desk, ready for two hours of finishing this file.

(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)

8:56

I close the file folder, finally done with all my paperwork. Chiharu is gone by now, Daichi left as soon as the case was done, something about a date with his girlfriend. So that left me, alone with my paperwork, and waiting to meet the number two pro hero.

I closed up in my office, and shrugged my bag on. Taking one last look in my mirror, I straighten my blazer and head out. I sit down in the lobby, taking note that I have a minute before he gets here.

Sure enough, the minute the clock chimes nine, the door to my agency bursts open.

"Ok extra, what do you want?" LEM bursts. He turns and looks at me in surprise. He's tired I can tell. He's no longer in his hero suit, but a grey hoodie and black sweatpants. A hood covers his hair, muting his spikes.

I stand up, greeting the hero, "Hello Mr. LEM, I'm terribly sorry but we solved the case I needed your help on. When I invited you over today, I thought I would ask you some questions and you would help me solve the case. I would have told you not to come but I had no way to contact you, and for that I'm sorry. I would like to compensate you for your time, so when you figure out a way for me to do so, please call me. Maybe dinner or something. You do have my number after all." With that I walk towards the glass doors, opening one and beginning to walk out.

I think LEM is behind me but am proven wrong when he shouts from behind me.

"Tonight! Dinner, tonight!"

I smile to myself before turning yo face him. I mask my surprise when he hasn't moved an inch. "Right now?"

"Right now. If I have to spend time with you I should get it over with." He looks at the ground.

"Alright. Let's go then." I tell him, smile not faltering as I guide him out the door before me.

We walk to together in silence down the dark and isolated streets.

"I assume you're taking me to a restaurant?" I ask after a while.

"Yeah, I am dumbass. What else would I be doing?" He scoffs.

"So LEM, you never did tell me your real name," saying this I look up at the man. He scoffs and rolls his eyes, looking away from me.

"It's Bakugo Katsuki. Tell anyone and you're dead." I nod, signifying that I understand. We walk in silence a while longer. "(L/N) (Y/N), right?"

"That's it." We continue on in silence.

"Agent (L/N)? Is that you?" I turn to the source of the voice.

"Akira! It's great to see you!" I exclaim back to the man.

"I have to go but we have to get together soon, it's great seeing you!" He says, waving as he walks past us.

"Who was that?" Bakugo asks.

"Someone I saved from being murdered in his home." I say blandly, looking straight ahead.

"Oh. Way to be a hero I guess. Maybe you should get your license." I laugh at his little "joke."

"I have my license already, but no agency wanted me because my quirk is... interesting. It sounds lame until you see it in action. But I've accepted that I am a hero in my own way. The only difference between you and me is that you find crime to fight by happenstance, while I fight crime using psychology and facts." I explain. I look up at Bakugo when I finish, only to him looking down at me.

"What the hell do you do anyway?" He asks.

"I'm head detective, and a profiler. That basically means that use the evidence of a crime to build a profile, or description of the suspect. I'm also technically a lawyer but I haven't practiced since I was 19." I ramble.

"Huh. You're kind of interesting for an extra." He says.

"And you're kinda a jerk for a hero, but I think we'll be best friends." I smile up at him. He scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"We're here dumbass. Go," Bakuhoe demands, opening the door to a hole in the wall ramen place.

"Oh, love a man that's forceful." I wink, ducking under his arm to walk in.

"The hell is that supposed to mean?"

(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)

"—and that's why he's a shitty Deku." Bakugo finishes. I burst out into laughter.

"Wa-wait a minute! You're telling me that the kid saved you, so you hated him?" I howl with laughter.

"Hate! Present tense, dumbass! The hate is on going! But it wasn't just that, he lied about his quirk!" He yelled, chuckling a bit himself.

"Maybe he was just a late bloomer! You don't know!" I laugh out.

"Hey loser," he says after we've calmed down, "what is your quirk?"

"Oh! Well it's called Analyst and basically what I can do is look in peoples brains, but I see them as computers." I explain. "Memories are different files, muscle memory is a file, mental illness is sometimes a virus, but usually another file. It's quite interesting."

"Do something on me." He demands, staring intensely into my eyes. He was kinda scary.

"You asked for it man," I say. I stare into his eyes and focus, when a window pops up.