73

Aera awoke to silence- her bemused black eyes wandering around her surroundings, the sheets lying soft below her as she blinked away her cloudiness, instantly recognizing it as Donghyuck's room

Recollecting the incidences from earlier her eyes snapped wide open as she abruptly sat up straight- glimpsing down at her body which displayed no traces of any wounds or scars.

"What the.." She trailed off, utterly bewildered and quickly placing her feet on the ground, she hurried over to the door.

And even before she could open the door herself, someone on the other side twisted the knob open, stepping inside and she stumbled back at the unanticipated move- soon a hand snaked round her waist with palm resting on her back, holding her from falling.

"You are always falling for me, aren't you?" The very familiar voice rang in her ear and Aera drew her eyes up meeting his hazel ones.

"Oh my god," Aera uttered out, wrapping her arms around his neck as she pulled him into a hug.

"Oh god, I'm so glad you are safe" She whispered out, tightening her grasp around him and he genuinely smiled, locking his hands behind her back as they swayed in one another's embrace.

"You really came in all alone, what the hell were you even thinking?!" Aera lightly slapped his chest, looking up at him while still in his arms.

"I don't know Aera. I only wanted to protect you but.. I was afraid," Donghyuck muttered out, raising his hand to cup her jaw as his gaze cornered down on the girl in his hold.

"I was Afraid I would loose you in my life" Donghyuck mumbled out in a voice thick with emotions, tears swirling in his eyes as he ducked his head lower such that their foreheads touched.

"I'm sorry I put you through all of this, it's all my fault"
"Never baby, I would do whatever it takes if it means to have you by my side" Donghyuck confessed, tilting his head as he leaned in, pressing his lips on hers- slow, soft and tender as their lips moved in sync, relaying the emotions they held.

The kiss was short-lived and feeling his lips curve into a smile against hers, a hue of red spread her cheeks as she broke away, lightly panting as she rested her head on his chest with smiles reaching their eyes, contented.

"I love you Hyuckie"
"Love you too babe"

"You should check up on Jisung.. he's not really in the best condition you know" Donghyuck began, breaking the hug and her eyes widened, concern washing over her.

"Why? What happened?!"
"A bullet wound on his right shoulder"
"Oh no. Where is he now?"
"Medic room. Let's go" Donghyuck exited the room with Aera trailing behind him.

"What about him.. Hyunjin?" Aera asked, linking her arms with his as they walked alongside.

"He's dead Aera. Mark shot him- pretty cool"
"Mark?!" Aera raised a brow and he nodded.

"I honestly don't remember much. The last thing I can think of was when you stepped in, that is all"
"Yeah, you blacked out for a whole day. We literally panicked thinking you were dead"
"Haha, so funny" Aera rolled her eyes and he chuckled out, turning round the corner as he led her into the medic room.

Behind the door revealed itself Jisung who was seated on the bed with Yangyang who was focused on treating him- wrapping the white gauze over his injured shoulder.

"Sung.." Aera called out as she walked over to him, now standing beside him while Donghyuck stepped inside the room, leaning against the wall with hands sliding in his jean pockets.

"Noona?? You're awake, oh god. I was so worried" Jisung gave her a warm smile and Aera nodded, softly ruffling his black hair.

"It looks like you are having some family reunion, I'll leave" Yangyang spoke giving her his signature gummy smile and her own lips curled up into a smile at those words, watching him soon exit the room.

"Umm I'm sorry Sungie"
"Don't be. I will always have your back no matter what Noona" Jisung assured with a nod and Aera whole heartedly smiled in return.

"Jisung will probably take a few weeks to recover Jeno—" The voice abruptly paused, eyes falling over to the girl who stood beside Jisung.

"Surprise Markie" Aera giggled meeting Mark's perplexed gaze, his lips parting in shock and before she could utter a word, he rushed over, hugging her- arms around her shoulder.

"Oh my god, you're alive" He remarked earning a laugh from her as she rested her hand on his back, lightly patting him.

"I very well am" She replied, breaking the hug only to see a wide smile plastered on his lips, eyes glistening as he looked down at her.

"I'm so—"
"Yea now don't apologize for it, we all know it isn't your fault" Mark interrupted, stroking her head softly subsequently earning a chuckle from her.

"Heard you pulled off some cool shit back there"
"Oh yes he did!" Jisung nodded in agreement to her words and Mark simply shrugged, scratching his nape, embarrassed.

Donghyuck pushed himself off the wall, "Thanks" He spoke out, stepping towards Mark who simply raised a brow, not hearing him for the first time.

"I said thanks.. thanks for everything"
"Oh, oh, yea. Uhh you too, umm like yea for everything"

"God they are so awkward around each other"
"I know, it's suffocating to even watch these two hyungs converse"

"God they are so awkward around each other""I know, it's suffocating to even watch these two hyungs converse"

Yea girl didn't die💀
Watch Markhyuck relation develop to some good heights in the epilogue y'all😌