28

Donghyuck walked towards his bed, eyes trailing over to the window that stood at one side of his room- watching as the outside was pitch black, darkness drawing down inside his room and the moonlight gleamed through the glass window

He ran his fingers down his light brown hair as his tongue swiped over his lips that adorned the lip ring- the cold metal oddly soothing him.

Thoughts flooded his mind, contemplating Jaemin's words- unsure of what he felt at those words.

"Fuck it"
A groan escaped his lips, throwing his head back as he felt frustration building up in him- physically exhausted to have his mind running with millions of thoughts, shrugging them off since he did not care one bit about the girl.

Untucking his black shirt, he began unbuttoning it before he pulled it off his arms- his built and defined muscles flexing as he did so and pulling the material off him he tossed it onto the floor- the cold air brushing against his skin, soothing him.

He sat down on his bed before lying on his back- feet still placed on the cold flooring as he stared up at the white ceiling, chest rhythmically rising and falling as gusts of cool air blew down onto the boy making him shut his eyes feeling revived.

Just then the door swung open and clicked close making him open his eyes but he stayed unmoved on his bed.

"Angry?" He asked well aware about Donghyuck's habit of locking himself in his room- forcing himself to stay busy all day, starve the whole night and sleep shirtless- something Donghyuck did every time he felt angry over something or someone.

Donghyuck sighed out in annoyance, well aware of who the person was since he was the only one who knew every ounce of the boy and the happenings in his life.

"What's got you angry?" He asked, having his eyes on the younger who was laid on the bed.

The sound of the footsteps towards his desk and the creaking sound of his chair indicated that the person was now seated on his chair that was situated near his desk.

Donghyuck exhaled out before sitting up straight- his eyes devoid of any emotion stared into his figure.

"I see you found your soulmate" He began, eyes narrowing down on the name that was inked onto his wrist.

"Why are you here?" Donghyuck asked- sternly, eyes flickering onto the elder and he instantly diverted the topic.

"Just some casual talk son, nothing much" He simply shrugged and Donghyuck remained silent, eyes not averting from him, awaiting for him to speak.

"Say it and leave" Donghyuck said, uninterested to even start any conversation with his father.

Daejung stood up as he began speaking, "Just focus on your mission"
Donghyuck wordlessly nodded, placing his hands behind him, supporting him as he leant back on his bed, silently listening to what the elder spoke.

"Don't fall in love and shit" Daejung stated and Donghyuck raised a brow, knowing it's practically impossible to not fall in love with your soulmate since the two are destined to love one another eternally.

"You can live without your soulmate. Life's better off without them- just like mine" Daejung commented, shrugging as though it wasn't much of a matter at all.

"I'm not a fool to treat mine like you do with mom" Donghyuck retorted- his eyes glued onto the elder in front, furrowing his brows upon seeing the corner of his lips pull up into a languid smirk.

"So you treat her with care and shower her all your love?" He questioned, raising a brow at his son, awaiting his response.

"Answer me, you treat her that way?" Donghyuck drew his eyes on the elder, refusing to answer him.

"Silence again...? It proves me right" Daejung scoffed under his breath, rolling his eyes at the boy, already knowing the answer to those questions.

"So I was right..?"
"Leave me alone"
Donghyuck interjected, standing up as he walked towards the bed side stand, picking up his phone.

"You're a fucking coward to admit you were wrong, aren't you?"
Donghyuck paused hearing those words, his fists balled by his sides- infuriated.

"What are you angry for? Prove me wrong then" Daejung eyed his clenched fists, crossing his arms well aware he was absolutely right.

"I do not treat her like you" Donghyuck insisted, eyes not diverting from the man who stood in front.

"You're my son Donghyuck, I know everything about you.." Daejung began as he took a step towards Donghyuck.
"You take her for granted don't you? Just using her cause of the bond and if not she isn't even on your mind, I know it- you are just like me"

Donghyuck stepped closer- eyes boring holes into the elder, fingers urging to fight him but he couldn't, knowing he was in no place to fight his own father though he hated him from the bottom of his heart.

"I am nothing like you" Donghyuck pointed out as he let those words, gritting his teeth- fuming in wrath.

Daejung slapped his hand away, letting out a satirical laugh and Donghyuck rolled his eyes, clicking his tongue disapprovingly.

"I am not like you. I do not treat her like how you do with mom. I don't use her just cause of the bond nor to heal mysel—"
He abruptly paused mid way his sentence, his own words flashing in his mind-

'I hate how I need you for healing me'

That moment was when he realized that he was doing exact same thing with Aera, just like how Daejung does with his mother.

Noticing the silence, Daejung realized he was right about his words- corner of his lips quirking into a smug smile at the win.

"Told you son, you are just like me" He taunted, taking one last glance at the boy before exiting the room, leaving him alone.

Donghyuck simply stood there, his own actions dawning on him and was utterly exasperated to know that he was no different from his father-
'You are just like me'
And it raged him to acknowledge that those words were the honest truth about himself.

Donghyuck simply stood there, his own actions dawning on him and was utterly exasperated to know that he was no different from his father- 'You are just like me'And it raged him to acknowledge that those words were the honest truth about himself

👀
What should happen next??