56

"So, what's your plan?""Citrine is trying to guard CEO Kang, if we get him we can—" Donghyuck was interjected when a hand grabbed a fist full of his shirt, yanking him forward

"Citrine is trying to guard CEO Kang, if we get him we can—"
Donghyuck was interjected when a hand grabbed a fist full of his shirt, yanking him forward.

"How long do you need, huh?! Do you really want me to take things up?" The elder daunted- his eyes burning holes into the boy who stood ahead, seething in anger.

"You always prove to be my biggest mistake, I regret giving you the upper hand" A mocking scoff left his lips as he let go off Donghyuck's shirt, the impact making him slightly stumble back.

"What are you even capable of? You fail to prove yourself everytime" Donghyuck kept his gaze focused on his side, his fists balling as he felt the undeniable urge to fight against him but something in him didn't let him- he couldn't muster the courage to utter a single word against him, his father.

"Yeosang is not the only way- hunt and get them, we must get Citrine. And if you fail, things between us will be different Donghyuck, remember" Daejung menaced, eying the door and not sparing him a glance, Donghyuck exited the office.

'You're unworthy of your position, son, you lost all my trust on you'

"Trust, bullshit, you never did trust me in the first place" Donghyuck muttered to himself, clenched fists placed by his side- knuckles turning white as his nails dug imprints of crescent moons into his palm, threatening to pierce through the skin.

'You're of no use in life Donghyuck!'

Though he tried to remain unfazed by those words, he couldn't push away how it stung him deep down mercilessly, his heart weighing as the words prevailed in the back of his head.

He couldn't push away how he felt confined and forced to abide by his father's words- his feelings never once bothered to his father, his dreams never stood a chance in front of his father, not a single say in his own life, nothing about his life existed in his hands.

He was just a pawn in his father's business.

Donghyuck pushed the door open to his room, his eyes quick to catch sight of the girl who was seated on his bed.

"Oh you're here, I—"
"Whatever" Donghyuck rolled his eyes, uninterested to even hear her out.

Is he angry?

Donghyuck slammed the door shut behind him making her slightly jump and she bit down on her lower lip as her eyes studied him.

Yup he definitely is..

Donghyuck sharply exhaled out as his fingers practically ripping the buttons of his shirt- thoughts endlessly creeping in his mind.

"Hyuck is everyth— oh, oh" Aera instantly averted her gaze upon noticing him unbuttoning his shirt- mentally cursing herself for arriving at the perfectly wrong time in order to have a conversation with him.