65

𝙆𝙚𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩 𝙝𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙨 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙩𝙝,
𝘾𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙢𝙨 𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙪𝙞𝙡𝙩

𝙆𝙚𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩 𝙝𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙨 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙩𝙝, 𝘾𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙢𝙨 𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙪𝙞𝙡𝙩

"Aera- hey! Why are we even here??" Mark questioned for the umpteenth time yet the girl turned a deaf ear to his remarks, proceeding to drag him along inside the building.

"And why are you walking in like it's your—"
"I found my brother"
"—home, what?!" Mark paused, eyes gradually widening as he stared at the girl in disbelief.

"I know I barely spoke about him to you though you helped me in—" Aera was abruptly cut off when Mark wrapped a gentle arm around her shoulder, "I'm so happy Aera!" He excitedly replied breaking the hug and her eyes caught sight of the wide smile plastered on his lips.

"Wait.. so he's a part of Neo?" Mark raised a brow and she gave a nod in agreement,
"Jisung, Park Jisung"
"Oh, oh, we met on the other day when all of us were out to protect Kang- not the best way to meet cause we fought each other but yeah.. Mom and dad would be glad to hear" Mark replied with a smile never leaving his lips.

Though a part of him felt the slightest dismay cause now he meant nothing to her, he was genuinely pleased to know she found her long lost brother, her family.

After all this was how it was suppose to be...

"But Mark," Aera hesitantly began and he nodded awaiting for her to proceed.

"Please don't get angry at me for this" Aera mumbled out and he tilted his head to the side, his hands extending to hold onto her clenched fist.

"You don't have to hesitate with me Aera, just say it" Mark assured and she exhaled out to muster all her courage before speaking out.

"It's about Donghyuck.."
"Anything wrong?" Mark stepped closer, lowering down to take a better look at her face, concerned.

"There's a reason why I had never asked you two to meet.."
"What is—" Just then the main door swung open revealing the three who stepped in.

Their gazes trailing up from the floor to the two who stood in the hallway and their steps instantly halted— Donghyuck and Jisung rooted in their place, perplexed while Renjun silently slipped out of the way, not wanting to interfere.

Jisung awkwardly raised his hand up, "Hello Mark... Hyung..?" He muttered under his breath while giving Mark a small wave and all he got in return was an awkward smile.

Aera glanced at Donghyuck standing not so far away from her and back at Mark before making up her mind and deciding to speak up.