66

Two hours

Two hours.

Two hours had passed since Aera had an argument with Mark yet her tears never dried, cries never ceased and her mind grew into an utter chaos- concealing her face in her hands, she bawled her eyes out.

Donghyuck sighed out helplessly, now kneeling down in front of her as he spoke up, "Aera stop crying—"
"No, no! It's all my fault. I should have told him earlier, it's all my mistake!" Aera exclaimed with tears uncontrollably rolling down her face.

"Give him some time and you two will be fine. You're overthinking, really"
"No Hyuck I'm not. I lost his trust and he thinks he means nothing to me- I don't know what to do! He became my family when I needed one the most. He treated me like his own sister and today he says our relation doesn't exist?! I just- I can't believe those words coming from him—"
Donghyuck wrapped his hands around her back, pulling her into a warm hug- her hands instinctively looping around his back as she buried her head into the crook of his shoulder, sniffling on her cries.

"It hurts Hyuck, it really does and I can't stop it" Aera muttered out in a thick voice and Donghyuck embraced her tighter in his arms- one hand comfortingly running up and down her back while the other softly pat her head.

"Aera, it's not going to change anything if you sit here crying to yourself like this. It was probably a lot to take in for him- a new family member who is a part of a gang and his sister's soulmate being a mafia leader... Just give him time and everything will be back to normal baby, don't worry" With that he broke the hug and cupping her face in his hands, his thumb softly swiped over the tears that rolled down her face.

Aera exhaled out, her breaths gradually getting steady as she regained her composure and ranking her eyes over him, "Why are you crying, idiot" She whispered out raising her hand and gently wiping away the tears that welled up in his eyes.

"Cause my idiot is crying and we're soulmates" Donghyuck replied, pressing an endearing kiss on her forehead that held all of his emotions making her eyes flutter shut as a wide smile broke out on her lips.

Donghyuck couldn't help but smile in return, his heart pounding within his chest seeing his soulmate contented- she was everything he wanted in life..

Lying down on the bed, Aera rested her head on his chest with her hand over his abdomen while his one hand hovered around her shoulder and the other behind his head- both seeking comfort in the stillness that encircled them.

"Can I say something?" Donghyuck began and she nodded, awaiting for him to proceed.
"You look hot in a dress" Aera's eyes shot wide open at those random words, head snapping up to look at him, surprised.

Donghyuck bit down on his lip to conceal the smile that threatened to spread and he turned to his side, now face-to-face with her, "Really.. I would've probably made a move but it wasn't the right time so" He shrugged, leaning forward towards the girl who suddenly began panicking at their close proximity.

"Good..?" Aera uttered out in perplexity and placing a finger on his chest, she distanced herself from him, finally exhaling out in relief.

"What was that for?" She mumbled, lightly slapping his chest and he whole heartedly laughed out, "Just. I had to lighten up the mood you see" He replied, now lying supine as his hands naturally slid below hers, interlacing their fingers together.

"You know, I'm glad I always have you by my side. Ahh what would I have done without you Hyuckie"
"Right, you're a baby"
"Sorry what?? I'm twenty one, okay? Twenty. One."
"Yea yea, still a baby"
"Hey!"

"Listen up, Mr. Kim wants us five in his office, now" Taeyong instructed and sharing a look all the five exited their room, walking over to Seojun's office.

Aera glanced up at Mark who was walking ahead of her- not a single word had been exchanged between the two and even when Aera tried to initiate a conversation, he would simply ignore and walk away from her.

Swiping their ID's all the five assembled inside, eyes fixated one the elder who stood ahead.

"Mission Neo caused numerous complications and upon discussing with all the officials we have come to a final decision- whether or not you side with it" Seojun stressed on the last words, eying Mark and Aera who stood beside each other.

"Mission Neo is terminated. All the docs and files have been seized and no further action will be taken regarding this mission, clear?" Everyone nodded in agreement except Aera and Mark who kept their gazes focused on the elder in front.

"You can leave," He gestured and they turned around, ready to exit, "Except 02 and 03" Those words brought the two to a halt, watching as the other three soon slipped out of the room.

"Taewon is back home safe" Seojun informed and Aera sighed out under her breath in relief.

"And these are the files about the crimes under Citrine- all legally attested and approved" He said as he handed over the files to Mark.

"I'm giving you two all the leeway- eliminate Citrine or whatever you want but not a word about this should spread out, got it?" Seojun stated with a smug smile catching the two off guard- a bright smile spreading Aera's face, beyond contented.

"I'm least bothered to get involved in this, Kim" Mark commented, shoving the files over to Aera who instantly clutched onto them, watching Mark stride out of the office in exasperation.

"Sibling issues?"
"Sort of..? Uhh I'll deal with him and thank you Mr. Kim"

The story will speed up cause I prolonged this one for like months now ufffAnyways

Anyways... how y'all doing 🥺🥺