69

"Get a grip you idiot" Mark muttered to himself, covering his face taking a deep breath as he mentally convinced himself to initiate the conversation with Aera after three whole days of practically distancing himself from her

Mark drifted his attention over to girl seated on the couch, her eyes fixated on her phone as she typed something, "Should I go or not...?" He tapped his foot on the ground restlessly, debating within himself.

"Whatever fuck this" He exhaled out, pushing away all his thoughts as he neared her but Aera was way too focused on her phone screen that she did not notice his presence beside her.

Mark cleared his throat loudly making the girl snap her head up with wide perplexed eyes and he immediately looked away staring at the ceiling, wall, lights... and just everything except her.

Aera let out a chuckle at his behavior and placing her phone down, she turned around to fully face him, "I know you wanna talk it out, come sit"

Mark glanced down at her, awkwardly scratching his nape, "I'm making this so awkward, aren't I?" He laughed it off, sitting down beside the girl on the couch.

Aera simply smiled, tilting her head as she anticipated for him to speak out.

"Actually uhh... I shouldn't have caused a scene for nothing. But you see I was just slightly angry that you did not tell me about this earlier and also was worried about him being your soulmate. Later when I thought about it I felt guilty cause I yelled at you and definitely crossed the line but again it was all cause I couldn't believe and I went insane—"
"Breathe" Aera interjected and Mark abruptly paused, lips forming an 'o' upon realizing he was ranting.

Mark's eyes met with hers, his eyes instantly softened upon catching sight of the bright smile dancing on her lips, "I'm sorry Aera, I didn't mean anything I said at that time, I'm very sorry" He apologized holding onto her hand as his thumb gently stroked her knuckles, drowning in guilt for all that he spoke without giving it a second thought.

"But I'm still hurt" Aera stated, looking away and he instantly panicked, "Why? What's wrong?! I mean I know what's wrong but—"
"You didn't have to ignore me and act like we were strangers, that shit hurts" Aera jerked her hand out his grip, crossing her arms in defense.

"I'm sorry Aera, I mean it, really. I was being stupid—"
"Yes you are a stupid, now go away" Aera shook her head, tears beginning to line her eyes as she bit down lower lip to compose herself.

"Oh god, don't cry now. Areum won't let me live if she gets to know" Mark wiped away the tears in her eyes and she let out a small laughed at those words, ducking her head lower as she sniffled onto her cries.

"Idiot, I hate you" She lightly punched his chest, blinking away her tears.
Mark nodded, scooting closer as he wrapped his hand around her shoulder, "I love you too my little girl, always" He mumbled out, soon feeling her hands hold onto his arm, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry for saying—"
"Stop apologizing Markie, you are making me sound like the bad" Aera mocked his words earning a hearty laugh from him.

"I'm sorr—"
"Shut up"
"No, I'm sorr- ouch! Fuck why you so strong?!"
"Tell me something I don't know Markie"
"Yea, now come here, hey-! Don't run you idiot you'll fall!"

"Finally, mission successful" Johnny muttered smiling to himself as he leaned against the wall, watching the two siblings chase one another around in the living room with laughs and giggles resounding the place.

Short one but they made up so why not🥺