49

Aera furrowed her brows, eyes narrowing down on the women ahead who had a beaming smile plastered on her face but what took her by surprise was when Inhye engulfed her into a motherly hug- hands around her shoulder as she stroked her hair

Aera had her hand awkwardly placed by her side as she let her eyes wander around, mind trying to recollect the women and then it hit her-

The nurse.

"Oh god, unnie?!" Aera uttered out and Inhye nodded through the hug making her gasp in disbelief, a smile pulling up on Aera's lips as she hugged her back.

"You guys know each other..?" Donghyuck raised a brow and the two broke the hug before giving him a nod in response.

"How?"
"I had—" Aera held onto Inhye's hand, bringing her to a stop, indicating her to not speak out any further and the elder furrowed her brows but soon got the hint.

"Nothing.." Inhye diverted, shaking her head and Donghyuck squint his eyes on Aera, not knowing as to why she tried to conceal his mother's words but soon averted his gaze deciding to not enquire further.

"Aera.. we've to talk" With that said, Inhye dragged Aera along with her inside the room leaving Donghyuck alone in the hall.

Inhye closed the door behind the two, motioning Aera to get seated on the bed and she did as asked to and soon the elder herself sat down beside her.

"Does Donghyuck not know?" Inhye asked looking at the girl who had her eyes fixed ahead.

"About my past or...?" Aera trailed off, glancing at the elder for her reply.
"Both" At those words, Aera's shoulder slouched as she slightly shook her head earning a sigh from the women.

"Maybe you should talk it out with him Aera, you'll definitely feel better" Inhye placed her hand on Aera's as she spoke.

"I could've, I'm guessing he partially knows about it but I don't know why he never asked me. I'm scared as to how he'll react- I just, I don't know.." Aera gulped down the huge lump in her throat and Inhye simply smiled at those words, giving her hand a slight squeeze assuringly.

"From what I've known him, I don't think Donghyuck really does care about your past- after all you two are soulmates, both your pasts shouldn't impact your present relationship" Inhye spoke up, giving her a warm smile.

"From what I've known him..?" Aera repeated those words, perplexed as to what it meant and Inhye let out a small laugh before answering her.

"Actually he never got to grow up with me- always with Daejung, training for the gang and everything. He rarely visits home but I'm glad he at least does, unlike him"
Aera simply nodded in acknowledgment at those words.

"Donghyuck's a lot like his fathe- oh right! How does he treat you? Don't tell me he stays with you solemnly for healing...?" Inhye questioned out, expectantly looking at Aera for the response.

"No no, he treats me better than any other, really"
"Aera, he might come of slightly arrogant at first but trust me he's really caring once you get on his good side. He just takes time to trust the person and actually open up- I'm hoping he isn't being anything bad to you.." Inhye placed both her hand on Aera's as she spoke.

"He really does treat me well. I'm much pleased to say Hyuck's my soulmate" Aera replied, a smile curling up on her lips at her own words.

"He lets you call him Hyuck?" Inhye uttered out in surprise and Aera gave a nod, raising a brow at her reaction.

"He doesn't let anyone else other than Daejung and I call him by his name- it's always Haechan for the others" And those words made Aera bite down on her lower lip trying to conceal the smile that threatened to spread her lips.

'You can call me Hyuck... if you want'

Something about those words made her feel special, as though she meant something to him since she was given the privilege to call him 'Hyuck' and she couldn't hide in the uncontrollable smile on her face as thoughts about him flooded her mind.

"Also.. Jisung?"
"Yea I found him- he's a part of Neo now"
"Wow Aera, I'm happy.. and how are Mark, Jiae and all doing?"
Inhye asked mentioning her mother and Mark taking Aera by surprise that she still remembers everything about her despite it all being fourteen years ago.

"Everyone's good unnie- oh wait.. no..?" Aera knit her brow, confused as to how she was suppose to address her.

"Darling, I would prefer my future daughter-in-law to call me mom" Inhye whispered out, playfully winking at Aera earning a wholehearted laugh from the girl.

"Daughter-in-law?"
"Yeah, he didn't ask you out already?" Inhye cocked a brow and Aera simply laughed it off.

"I really should talk some sense into his head now"
"Sure mom" Inhye laughed at those words, standing up as she opened the door and Aera trailed behind the women, exiting the room as they walked towards the hall.

"Seriously? What secrets on earth do you two have?" Donghyuck commented as he slid his phone into his pocket before throwing his head on the headrest of the couch.

Aera and Inhye shared a look before they simply shrugged out in response, making him roll his eyes at the two who seemed to have known one another much better, surprisingly.

👀🍵