7

"What if they catch us?" Taewon stood up, behind her, not wanting to make any move forward

"What if they catch us?" Taewon stood up, behind her, not wanting to make any move forward. "There are no cameras in here, we're safe" Aera replied and he sighed out in relief, "At least for now" She added and his eyes widened, tears pricking his eyes.

"Oh my god, noona will I die?" Aera shrugged in response making the younger boy more panicked.

Aera tapped on her jean pocket pulling out her ID, making sure she had it cause to enter inside the Pyrite Cube headquarters, the ID is a must, sliding it back in her pocket safely and turned to face the boy.

"Did you see how many were guarding outside?" Taewon remained silent, trying to recollect form earlier and after a few seconds he gave a nod upon remembering, "Around 3 or 4 in the hallway and outside there were 5 more"
Aera sighed out hearing the number- totally there were around ten and she felt beyond worn out to actually fight any, now knowing how she should escape.

"Whatever, let's face them" Aera mumbled out, before walking towards the corner of the room where the steel and wooden materials were stacked, picking onto the strongest ones to use them as defense.

"How old are you?" Aera asked eyeing the boy, "17" She gave him a nod, walking towards him before extending her arm that held the metal rod out.

"Can you try hitting a few? Just plain swinging it at their heads- it's a strong steel, it should easily do the job, can you?" Aera asked and he frantically shook his head, taking a step back in defeat earning a sigh from her.

"If I'm dying then so are you" Aera mumbled out before walking straight out, not giving a mind as to how many she would have to face and the panicked, younger boy followed suit, standing as close as he could to her just so he was safe.

She held onto Taewon's hand, stopping him, eyeing him to stay at where he was before she tip toed towards the very first person, tapping on his shoulder and he turned around but before he could react to what was happening, the rod went slamming right into his face and he collapsed back onto the ground.

Aera handed Taewon the rod which he hesitantly grabbed onto as she picked the gun from the man's holster who was struggling on the floor in agony.

"Stay close" Nodding, Taewon skipped behind the girl, weaving past the lifeless bodies as she shot each of them dead- not a single bullet going waste, never missing her target and the seventeen year old's mouth fell agape watching the girl fight in awe.

Aera turned to her side making sure Taewon was by her side and the moment she turned back ahead someone swung their blade at her, which she barely dodged and the sharp metal slit the skin on her arm, beads of blood forming as they streamed down the cut and the younger boy panicked, swinging his rod at the man ahead, fuming in anger.

Aera's eyes widened by a fraction upon seeing his actions and right when she was about to speak out of the blue a loud beeping sound pierced right into her ear cutting through the tranquility making her screw her eyes shut, wincing at the sound in pain, startled.

"Hello? Aera?"
"Don't use nam—"
"Shut up"
Aera furrowed her brows instantly recognizing them as Taeyong and Mark, disconcerted as to why they had traced her location and linked a call through her earpiece whilst she tackled a few, sending continuous kicks and jabs onto those who kept approaching her.

"I told Tae- 01 not to trac—"
"They can't hack into ours, I updated the system codes to advance levels. Pretty hard to encrypt, so don't worry"
Aera hummed in response to Taeyong, disposing the bullet into the man's skull, the hallway finally free of any guards and Taewon loudly gasped, dumbfound.

"Noona are you trained?? You're amazing!" Taewon commented and she ignored his words before speaking up, "Not the time to talk. Do you know the way out?" Taewon shook his head in response.

"You were fully conscious when you came here, why not?"
"Yes! But I was too busy crying- they kidnapped me noona how do you expect me to—"
Aera hushed him, squinting her eyes trying to focus on something and realized footsteps were nearing the two and more men were approaching them.

"Shit! Can you run? Run to the nearby station, quick!" Aera gave him a push, pointing at the door that stood at the other end of the hallway and he shook his head "Noona you're alon—"
"Now or never Taeown, just go" Aera interjected and he gave her a nod taking one last look at the elder girl before running for his life out of the building.

Aera was preparing herself to fight the men, gun held in position and suddenly someone spoke through her in ear making her pause.
"What are you doing?"
"Dancing, cause it's so fucking boring in here. Mind joining John-05?"
Aera commented, correcting herself from using his name- tone prevalently sarcastic.

"Very funny Aera"
"Stop it Johnny it's not a joke"
"Shut up you two. I'm just trying to escape what else?"
Aera rolled her eyes hearing Johnny and Mark on the other side, hiding herself behind the nearby door, senses alarmed as she focused on how close the people were approaching.

"Guys stop, it's not the time to talk"
Taeyong interrupted the two before speaking up.

"We have a problem and only you can solve it right now,"
"04 lost his ID when he was following that guy in all black, today morning."
"Huh? So?"
Aera furrowed her brows at Taeyong's words, bewildered.

"It's at the Neo headquarters, can you get it..?"
"What?!"

Looks like no one wants my girl to live peacefully🙄