64

"It's Citrine! I can't risk my son's life for a stupid mafia gang" Seojun exclaimed, dropping onto the couch with his hands gripping his hair in vexation

"Citrine can't be doing all this just to get Neo behind the bars" Mark spoke out, glancing at the girl who stood beside him, "Citrine is definitely up to something big than just this mission".

"Exactly, even if Neo is held captive, Daejung can easily bail them out with his influence and money"
"That's true" Renjun's composed voice replied through the earpiece and she nodded to herself.

"As long as you keep this mission going, your son will stay safe Mr. Kim" Mark stated, assuringly and the elder shook his head in disapproval.

"Ask him to turn in that file" Donghyuck spoke through the earpiece earning her attention.

"Wha—"
"You have to divert the mission from Citrine to Neo. Just do as I say Aera"

Aera sighed out before repeating the same words and Mark scoffed out, "If this file reaches the authorities then there's no way we can turn back- Citrine is our catch, not Neo"

"Yes, yes I know but to get to Citrine, Neo is our only way—"
"It has gone too far to get out of this securely anymore, Park" Seojun interjected, standing up on his feet as he proceeded to speak.

"I am terminating Mission Neo"
"What?!"
"Whatsoever be the consequences, it doesn't matter. I can't get my son involved in anything more than he already is"

"Kim, you're only making it wors—"
"You do as I say- whatever I say, don't fail to remember that you two"

"I can't believe he's terminating the missio—"
"Mark chill, you're stressing out too much" Aera interrupted, tapping on his shoulder gently.

"Now what? Citrine can't simply get away from this"
"Are you siding with me now?"
"Yea, I have to cause you are my sister"
"Does that mean you have nothing against Neo?" Aera questioned- voice slightly hinting excitement.

"Uhh I guess?"
"So no 'in the end, Neo is our target' right?"
"Yeah whatever" Mark shrugged and not being able to contain her delight within herself— she clapped her hands, giggling in pure contentment.

"Why.. are you so happy?" Mark raised a brow, confused as he stared at the girl but nonetheless his own lips curled up into a smile at his sister.

"This is it.. today's the day" Aera muttered to herself, holding onto Mark's hand, "Let's go" With that, she began dragging him to walk along with her, forcing him to follow her steps.

"What? Where? We have to get home. Aera! Aera, listen!" Mark opposed yet the girl turned a deaf ear to him and sighing out he proceeded to walk alongside her.

"Right, you have got to explain yourself" Mark raised a finger pointing at her, furrowing his brows keeping a stern face.

"I was at the party to investigate Kang but I didn't expect Seojun to be there and you- oh my god you appeared out of nowhere, none of that was expected"
Mark stared at her for a few seconds, mentally debating before he spoke up.

"I don't believe you did it all alone- entering in a private party without any invite?"
"Oh that... I sneaked in just like you did!"
"Cut the shit I came in with an invitation. Now, answer me"
"Oh.. actually," Aera hesitated but brushing aside her thoughts she decided to speak out, "It's Johnny, he handed me his cousin's invitation for the party"

"Johnny?! And all that shit happened behind my back??"
"I mean.. there's a lot happening without your consent" Aera mumbled out, audible enough to the boy walking beside her.

"I don't care as long as it doesn't involve you" Mark dodged her words away but noticing her sudden silence, he looked to his side, squinting his eyes on her in suspicion.

"Spill" He demanded sternly, crossing his arms across his chest as he turned to face her.
"Yeah.. and that's why we are here" Aera began, gesturing at the building that stood ahead of them and he glanced at it and soon his eyes widened upon recognizing.

Azurite Neo headquarters.

And before Mark could even react, Aera placed both her hands on his back, pushing him inside the building with all her might.
"Why the fuc- hey! Aera, stop- ouch!"
"Shut up and do as I say Markie"

It's about time 👀Also, Recommend me some good nct books y'all I'm sooo bored🥱

It's about time 👀
Also, Recommend me some good nct books y'all I'm sooo bored🥱