51

𝙁𝙡𝙮 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙮..

"Oh" Inhye muttered out, eying her son who was on the floor while Aera stood utterly tensed beside the bed

"Umm.. did I interrupt something?" Inhye raised a brow, placing her hand on the door knob, ready to leave.
"Yes"
"No"
Aera lowly glared at Donghyuck who simply rolled his eyes, a groan escaping his lips in annoyance as he stood up on his feet.

"Just wanted to know would you like to have for lunch?"
"Anything would do" Aera flashed her a small smile and nodding in response, Inhye did not waste much time in quickly shutting the door close behind her leaving the two alone.

Aera breathed out in relief before turning around to face Donghyuck only to see him meddling with her phone and instantly she snatched the phone away from his hand, clutching it tightly in hers.

"Was it from that picture frame?" Donghyuck raised a brow and she remained silent, averting her gaze, embarrassed.

"I'm fine with you having my six year old pic as your wallpaper, don't worry" Donghyuck shrugged while he sat down on the bed as he spoke.

Aera sat down beside him- much space between them and her eyes flickered to her soulmate only to see his gaze never leave hers, making her instantly drift her attention back to her phone.

Aera kept her eyes focused on the device yet she could practically feel his gaze boring holes onto her- a flush of red spread her face and her heart picked up its pace, slightly anxious as they shared a tension filled silence.

"Are we just gonna pretend like nothing happened?" Donghyuck questioned out breaking the never ending silence between the two- leaning his hand behind him on the bed while the other swept his medium tan hair back.

Hearing those words, Aera looked up from her phone, not daring to turn and look him in the eye.

"What..?" Aera obliviously asked in a low voice and he sighed out, placing his other hand behind him, supporting himself from falling on the bed as he threw his head back at her reply.

"Us nearly kissing.." Donghyuck casually said, taking her by surprise at his bluntness and she turned around to glance at him for a mere second, her eyes meeting his hazel ones and she diverted her gaze, fidgeting with her finger, anxious.

"Yea, yeah uhh.. I know-" Aera uttered out, unsure of what to respond to those words and just then Donghyuck's phone rang making her sigh out in relief.

"Answer the call, I'll help mom down" With that, Aera placed her phone aside, hurriedly standing up to leave.

Soon his hand clasped over hers, making her stop and startled, she turned around to glance at him.

"I like you Aera"

Aera froze, taken aback by the sudden confession- her mind went blank and she repeatedly blinked out trying to push away her bewilderment, his words slowly dawning on her.

Noticing her lack of reply, Donghyuck's heart raced- thoughts and doubts clouding his mind, the dread of her rejection washed over his emotions and he averted his gaze though his fingers gently tightened its grip around her wrist, almost desperately.

"Huh?" Was all she could utter out at the moment- her eyes drew down to his and they softened upon seeing his eyes hold the emotion his words meant.

"I don't know if this is too early or that's something common when it comes to soulmates but yea, I do like you" Donghyuck loosened his fingers that clasped her hand.

He couldn't halt the countless thoughts that flooded his mind and almost like he was already aware of what her response would be, he drifted his attention away from her- his heart lurching and he mentally cursed himself for confessing his feelings much early.

"I understand if you don't feel the same, I can wait—"
"No!" Aera interjected and he looked up at her only to see her have a small smile pull up on her lips.

"I mean yeah, I do- I like you too Hyuck" Aera muttered out, rubbing her nape as a hue of red spread her face making his eyes widen by a fraction.

"Really?" Donghyuck asked out, surprised by her response and she bit down on her lip trying to conceal the smile that threatened to spread on her face while nodding her head in agreement.

"You're cute" Donghyuck mumbled out as she stood up from the bed but before she could make a move she got pulled by her hand making her stumble and loosing her balance on her own feet, she ended up falling right on the boy who was lying on the bed.

A gasp left Aera's lips and reopening her eyes that were screwed shut, all she could see was the close proximity with his face and her breath hitched feeling his hands surround her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"What?" Aera cocked a brow and a small smirk etched onto his lips, "Completing what was interrupted.." Donghyuck replied, leaning forward closer to her face.

Aera placed a finger on his lips, stopping him mid way, "Too early" Was all she said before she rolled off of him to lie down on the bed, now beside him.

Donghyuck chuckled out at those words before turning to take a look at his soulmate- her head placed on his arm that was spread on the mattress as she looked up at the ceiling.

"Aera.." Donghyuck called out- his tone turning serious and she hummed in response for him to proceed.

Donghyuck turned to fully face her, his gentle fingers moving strands of her black hair away from her face, lightly tucking them behind her ear making Aera turn to face him- her eyes ranking over his face before meeting his hazel ones, her heart thumping within her chest at those simple actions.

Donghyuck retracted his hand, finding its way to hold hers, "Will you be my girlfriend?"
Aera's lips parted in disbelief but nonetheless she nodded, her smile reaching her eyes.

Aera turned on her side such that she was now fully facing him,
"Yes Hyuck" She whispered out, interlacing their fingers together.

And instantly a warm smile pulled up on his lips, his eyes never leaving his soulmate in front of him- he found contentment just by simply watching his soulmate in his hold and he felt beyond gratified to call her, now, his girlfriend.

There goes the confession 👀
Hyura be sailing😌✊🏻