19

Aera stood by the scarcely populated riverside- the gentle waves carelessly dribbling onto the sand, crashing against her feet, soothing the girl and she watched as the sky turned deep shades of blue, darkness drawing down as it neared the close o...

Aera stood by the scarcely populated riverside- the gentle waves carelessly dribbling onto the sand, crashing against her feet, soothing the girl and she watched as the sky turned deep shades of blue, darkness drawing down as it neared the close of the day.

She aimlessly let her eyes wandering around the river that appeared endless before closing her eyes shut momentarily at the pure bliss she felt- the cold air brushing against her skin making her shudder and she hugged her jacket closer to her body in attempts to create warmth.

Gradually opening her eyes she exhaled out, the solitude lulling her into tranquility which she found peacefully calming before she walked towards the bench, sitting down.

Aera furrowed her brows, feeling a small pain in her back shifting on the bech since she suddenly felt uncomfortable.

Diverting her thought, her eyes caught sight of the family that had just arrived- the little boy holding onto both his parents hands as he cautiously took steps, both of them sharing a look before they fondly stared at their son, smiles lingering on their lips.

Just at the sight, Aera's lips curled up into a smile but nonetheless she felt solitary- she missed the affection and love she was showered with when she was young. Her own memories flooding in her mind as a heavy sigh escaped her lips.

Sudden screams and yells snapped her out of her trance, making her instantly stand up- eyes wide as she looked around, baffled as to why everyone hurriedly exited the place.

Soon her eyes caught sight of someone rushing inside the nearby abandoned building that stood by the riverside.

Confused, Aera narrowed her eyes on the figure and soon realized it was her soulmate himself.

"Why is he—Shit!" She cursed under her breath, looking at the group of police officers who ran in the same direction, desperately searching for Donghyuck.

"Check inside the building!" The chief ordered and Aera panicked- her mind trying to come with a quick plan.

"Sir!" Aera yelled out earning their attention as she approached the four officers.
"Please leave, it's not safe to be around at this time" The chief said, before another walked towards the door to enter the building.

"Sir!" Aera yelled out, making him pause, "I think I know whom you're searching for.." He furrowed his brows, "Azurite Neo's leader isn't he?" She asked and the chief's eyes widened, raising a brow.

Just then Aera felt a sharp pain down her back, making her breath hitch and she gulped down the huge lump in her throat- gut wrenching and her hands turning cold as they trembled.

She shut her eyes close momentarily, gasping for more air- her clenched fists placed by her side as she tried not to express the agony she was forced through cause of her soulmate.