38

"It's probably going to rain" Aera looked up at the blue sky that gradually began turning black- the darkness looming over her and she dropped her head low with a small sigh

Aera drew her eyes down to the cover that she held in her hand and a scoff left her lips.
"When will I ever get rid of you.."
She shook her head knowing the answer to those words before shrugging her thoughts and deciding to make a move back to the headquarters.

She looked ahead and soon her eyes caught sight of the familiar figure that was approaching in her direction.

"Hey Mark" Aera greeted earning his attention and his wide, confused eyes looked up from his phone and the moment he noticed the girl, a smile pulled up on his lips.

Mark approached the girl, shoving his phone inside his pocket before giving her a quick hug.
"I missed you, you know" He mumbled out and she nodded, pouting sadly as she mouthed a 'me too'.

"Four more days and you can come back, I'm glad" He muttered out patting her shoulder and she gave him a smile though deep down she was disappointed that she had just four more days to spend with her soulmate and after which things would change between the two, mainly cause of their contradicting jobs.

"How are you doing?" Mark asked- eyes ranking over her and he paused seeing the cover she clutched in her hands.

"What is that?" He asked and Aera clicked her tongue disapprovingly, uninterested to talk about it.

Mark swiftly grabbed the bag from her hand, opening the cover wide to see the content it held and he snapped his head at the girl, eyes wide with concern.

"Again??" He asked in disbelief and she gave a small nod in response.
"Aera were you alone?! Shit, that must've hurt more—"
"No Mark, I wasn't alone" Aera interjected knowing her brother was protective over her, especially when it came to her health.

"Then..?" He raised a brow and soon it dawned on him that she was staying with her soulmate.

"Was he there for you?" He asked in a soft tone and Aera gave a nod, a small smile spreading her lips as she recollected Donghyuck's words from last night.

"Actually, I felt better than ever. Don't worry Mark, I'm fine now" Aera tilted her head to her side, giving him a smile assuringly and he nodded, handing her the cover back to her.

"You should visit the doctor Aera, it has been three months since the last check up" Mark said and she nodded well aware of it but too lazy to actually get herself out of the room and do things.

"Anyways, how's the mission going on? Any info?" Aera asked, stuffing her free hand into her sweatshirt pocket.

"Taeyong Hyung and I met CEO Kang the other day. All he said was that Citrine and Neo are rivals and when we asked further about Citrine he refused to say much- you know we can't force an official to speak out unless we have orders from Seojun"
Mark shrugged, a sigh escaping his lips and Aera nodded in acknowledgment.