24

"W-what?" Aera choked out, almost out of breath- her lungs knocked off any air and he rolled his eyes, unbothered

Aera blinked away the tears that forced to spill out before she looked up at him, fighting through the agony.

"How do yo-u know?" She asked, her voice merely being heard and she leaned against the wall- her eyes forcing to close shut but she tried to compose herself.

Donghyuck titled his head to the side as he intensely stared at the girl who was making feeble attempts to keep herself awake.

"Now I know why you were here all the time" He scoffed, sliding his hands into his pocket.

"Dude come on" Jaemin began, bringing hand to place it on Donghyuck's shoulder but he harshly slapped his hand away, eyes glued onto the girl in front- seething.

"What do you mean? I was here cause you're my—"
"Stop it Aera" Donghyuck interjected, exiting the room and Aera rushed behind him but the moment she took a few steps ahead she stumbled back, legs barely having any strength to hold her weight and she slammed her back onto the wall, wincing in pain.

"And this was why I never told you about it" Aera began but the boy nonetheless did not stop walking away from her, ignoring her words.

Mustering up all her energy, she pushed herself off the wall forcing her feet as she dragged herself towards him- her hands clasped onto his big ones, stopping him.

"Hyuck let me—"
"Leave" He interjected- his back facing her not wanting to spare her a look.

"Just listen to—"
"Leave" He demanded- tone deeper and stern, exhaling as he tried to keep himself together.

"I never—"
"Fucking leave me Aera!" He yelled out, jerking his hand out of her grip as he turned towards the girl.

"Hyuck please" She grasped onto his hand once again- desperately wanting him to hear her out, "I never spoke to anyone about us Hyuck—"
"Us?" He jeered out, rolling his eyes.

"Aera leave, I don't want to see you" Donghyuck began, forcing his hand out of her grip before taking a step away from her and she looked at him with glassy eyes, his words paining her heart.

"H-Hyuck what do you mean?" She muttered out, barely audible, almost in a state of shock and disbelief- trying to shrug off all the negative thoughts that flooded her mind.

"You heard me. Never step in the headquarters once agai—" And the moment those words left his mouth, Aera practically threw herself onto him- tip toeing, her hands hooked around his neck and her face buried in the crook of his neck as tears rolled down her face uncontrollably and he lightly squint his eyes at the gold hue.

"Please don't leave me" Aera whispered out, choking on her own tears- her tone so vulnerable and Donghyuck remained silent- his shirt staining wet cause of her tears, his clenched fists placed by his side, still exasperated at the thought of his soulmate being his enemy.

"Please Hyuck.." Aera mumbled out through the hug as she desperately held him close to her, not wanting to let go off the boy.

Donghyuck let out a small laugh, it vibrating off his chest- tone prevalently derisive.
"Are you healing yourself now?" He ridiculed, his tongue poking the side of his cheek and her cries ceased the moment she registered his words.

"What?" She questioned out in disbelief at his words- her grip on him instantly loosening as she placed her feet back on the ground, looking up at him with pained eyes.

"You're too smart Aera. Don't act like you're innocent" Donghyuck scoffed, eying her neck that had no cut or wound.

Aera placed her hand on her neck but felt nothing on her fingers- no blood stains, no gash stood on her neck nor a single scar at the place and only then it dawned on her that she was healed.

"Hyuck I—" Donghyuck brought his hand up in the air, stopping her before she could even utter a word further.

"You and I are not meant to be" Donghyuck daunted out and those words shattered her heart- words getting struck in her mouth, gut wrenching in torment.

"Leave and don't come back for me, there's no one waiting for your return" With that said, he turned around on his heels to walk away.

"If I was here to only know about Neo I wouldn't be the first one to come searching for you nor heal you! Hyuck please-!"
Aera yelled out but he turned a deaf ear to her words and she watched him with her blurry eyes as he walked down the hallway, soon out of her sight, leaving her alone.

"-Please Hyuck, I like you" She whispered out, stumbling back and fell onto the floor- tears spilling out of her eyes.

"I really do" She muttered to herself, drawing her knees closer to her body as she cried out in her hands, her whole world crumble down into pieces- shattered and obliterated, knowing he would never reflect the same feelings towards her.

Hyuck needs a B I G character development smh😔