34

Aera knocked on Donghyuck's room door, twisting the knob open upon hearing a faint 'yes'

"Are you busy?" She asked, peeping in such that only her face was in visibility to him since she did not want to disturb him.
"Yea" He replied, eyes glued onto the file he held in his hands.

Aera simply nodded and pushed herself off the wall to close the door but stopped when Donghyuck spoke, "Jeno will show you around the headquarters"
He said, taking a quick glance at her and back at his file.

Aera's lips quirked up into a smile, nodding before she shut the door close, leaving him alone inside.

"Wait.." Donghyuck looked up wanting to do a double take if he saw it right but the door was already close.

Are you wearing my clothes?

Umm.. yea
Not like I'd another choice
I found them in the closet

Oh..

Huh?
Is 'oh' all I get?

What?

Do I look good with it?

You're distracting me Aera

Am I?
Wait..
So is that a yes?

I've work,
Stop disturbing me

Fine..
You're just a coward to admit it
Oh Jeno's here!

"You're distracting me?" Donghyuck slapped his hand on his forehead, embarrassed at his own words.
His eyes drifted to the door, thoughts flooded his mind smiling to himself at her words but soon snapped out of his trance, shrugging the thoughts off before getting back to his work.

"How big are the headquarters??" Aera exhaled out, forcefully dragging her feet around, exhausted from all the walking since morning.

"There's still phase 4 left Aera.." Jeno said pointing at the two huge buildings in front, watching as Aera took a seat at the nearby bench.

"Tired?" He asked and she nodded, throwing her head back on the head rest.

"What about phase 3?" She questioned, remembering that it was the only building he had not mentioned about until now.

"That's not for me to say" Jeno simply shrugged in response and she remained silent, deciding to not question further.

"Also, Aera.." Jeno began as he pulled out something from his pocket before handing it to the girl.

"Jisung gave it back" He said, placing the silver bracelet in her hand and she sighed out, already expecting such a reaction from him.

"Maybe you two should talk it out" Jeno added and the girl wordlessly nodded, thoughts clouding her mind about her brother.

"Aera?" Another voice interrupted making the two look up at the person.

"Oh hey Johnny.." Aera replied in a low tone, almost uninterested- her eyes focused on the bracelet that she fidgeted with, mulling over it.

"Is everything good?" Johnny asked, sitting down beside the girl who remained silent and he looked up at Jeno who eyed the bracelet and mouthed 'Jisung'.

"I'll leave you two alone" With that, Jeno stood up and walked away leaving the two alone on the bench.

"Is it about Jisung?" Johnny asked and she nodded before turning to look up at him.

"I'm scared Johnny.. I don't know how to confront him after all these years of not knowing anything about his well being. It's all my fault" She mumbled out, tears welling up in her eyes as she thought of her brother.

"Come on Aera. It's the past, none of it was your fault" Johnny placed a hand on her shoulder, patting it comfortingly.

"I tried to search for him but I couldn't. I should've tried harder but I didn't. It's selfish if I'm expecting him to react in a nice way today, when all I didn't was hurt him back then"
"I'm scared we would never be like before.. I miss him Johnny, more than he ever thinks"
Aera wiped the tears that rolled down her face with the back of her hand making Johnny's shoulder slouch, pitying the girl for what she was put through though her past was unknown to him- just a few bits and pieces of her past that he had heard from Mark.

"It's alright Aera. Everything will get back to normal soon, don't worry"
Aera shook her head in response, "He calls me by my name like I'm a stranger Johnny. I've no hope we'll ever get back together"
Aera buried her head in her hands, silently crying in her hands.

"You should talk it out Aera. If not it's gonna remain a misunderstanding" Johnny began, leaning forward to get a better view of the girl as he spoke.

"It's not gonna happen that one day Jisung's gonna walk up to you and accept you. You need to step forward and sort out things Aera. I'm sure he'll understand you, he's your brother after all"
Aera sniffled, nodding in agreement to his words, well aware that to have the two get back like before she had to clear out the misunderstandings- she knew she had to put some effort in order for that to happen.

"Promise me you'll talk to him the next time you confront him..?" Johnny held out his pinky, a warm smile beaming at the girl beside him and she returned a small smile before linking their pinkies, promising him.

"Good girl" Johnny commented, patting her head gently and she let out a small laugh at the contact.

All of a sudden, someone clasped their hands around hers, pulling her up on her feet and the girl went crashing into the taller figure who held Aera by her hand, protectively.
"And who are you?"

I'm trying my best to give you updates y'all

Sorry if I don't meet your expectations 😔