36

An entire day passed by and the two barely talked cause Donghyuck was busy with the reams of paperwork he had while Aera remained in her room all day- either on her phone, watching television in the hall and having minimal talks with Jaemin, Renju...

An entire day passed by and the two barely talked cause Donghyuck was busy with the reams of paperwork he had while Aera remained in her room all day- either on her phone, watching television in the hall and having minimal talks with Jaemin, Renjun and Jeno or occasionally meeting up with Biyu and Johnny.

Though she spent good time, her solemn concern was she could barely talk with Donghyuck- being soulmates they knew absolutely nothing about one another and Aera was curious to know more about him.

Aera would've anticipated, giving him enough time to willingly open up to her but she was running out of time.

Six more days and she'll have to go back to her dorm and back to work at the Pyrite Cube Headquarters.

And her job had now become a complication- knowing that things between the two would definitely not remain the same once she's back to work at Pyrite since they're currently working on Mission 'Neo'.

Aera was walking down the hallway that lead to their dorm rooms- her eyes aimlessly wandering as she walked, shoulders slouched with her head hung low, lost in her own chain of thoughts.

The boy exited his room, eyes glued onto his phone as he slid a hand inside his pocket, walking down the familiar hall and unknown to the two about one another's presence, they bumped into each other.

Aera slightly stumbled back but soon regained her balance while the boy cursed under his breath before looking up from his phone and the moment their eyes met, they froze.

"Jisung" Aera wide eyed let out, staring at the younger in front of her in disbelief to which he rolled his eyes before walking past her.

"You've got this Aera.." She mumbled to herself before exhaling out upon remembering the promise she made to Johnny.

Aera turned around, "Jisung" She called out and he ignored her walking towards the hall.

"Jisung" She repeated herself- this time her tone stern and loud making him pause and she quickly skipped towards him- his back facing the girl.

"Jisung I'm sorry.." She began while Jisung remained silent, listening to her speak.
"I know it's my mistake but that's the past and I don't want that to impact our future. Seeing you like this means a lot to me, you don't know how much this means to me Sung. Do you know how much I missed you? Please Sung—"

"And do you know how much I had to go through?" He interjected, turning around and she looked up at him, sighing out in disappointment.

"No, I don't know anything you were put through nor how you lived all these years but I don't want us to stay this way- I miss you Sungie, please" Aera dropped her tone down, much softer- tears lining her eyes.

Aera held out his hand, placing the bracelet in his hands before looking up at the younger who spoke.

"Missed me? I'm not getting convinced whatsoever Aera" Jisung scoffed under his breath, looking down at her eyes that turned glassy.

"I know it's my fault but I was just seven Sung—"
"And I was just five Aera!" He spat angrily at her and her eyes shot wide open at his tone.

"Fourteen years, fourteen fucking years and not once you bothered about me Aera!"
"I searched for yo—"
Jisung took a step forward and almost intimidated she pressed her lips into a thin line.

"My life was better off without you Aera, go away" He said and her eyes widened, not wanting to believe those words she had heard.

"What?"
"You heard me. I don't need you Aera, go away" Jisung looked away from the girl, hands clutching the bracelet tightly, the silver pearls pressing imprints onto his palm painfully yet he payed no mind to it- utterly outraged.

"We've to talk it out Jisung, it's all just a misunderstan—"
"There's nothing to talk Aera, just leave" He grit his teeth, trying to keep his emotions at bay.

"I can't- I can't just let you go Sung! Please!" Aera pleaded, holding onto his hand desperately.

"That's nothing new to you Aera. Let go off me like you always did" Jisung commented- eyes boring holes into the elder in front of him, yanking his hand out of her grip.

"That day I was sad that I lost you but today I'll be glad to loose yo—"
"Are you even thinking straight?!" Aera interjected, furrowing her brows at those heart shattering words from her own brother.

"Please Sung! Don't be stupi—"
"Leave Aera"
"Take your time and think this all out Sung, plea—"
"I said leave me alone!"
Jisung yelled at her, ramming his clenched fist that held the bracelet onto the wall- beads of blood gracing his skin as the broken pearls of the bracelet slipped out of his hand making Aera flinch at his tone.

"S-Sung.." She muttered out- gut wrenching, words getting struck at her mouth and she took a step back- her breath getting unsteady as she looked up at him with her blurry eyes.

"You've changed Jisung...so much" She mumbled out in disbelief- the lump in her throat growing as every second pained her heart.

"Good, now leave me and live your own stupid life" With that, Jisung turned around, striding out of the room and slamming the door shut behind him.

Tears uncontrollably rolled down her face as she looked at the shattered pearls of the bracelet scattered on the floor- her past memories flashing her mind and ceasing her cries she rushed inside her room.

Locking the door shut behind her, she crouched against the door- knees drawn closer to her body as she cried in her hands, every word of his replaying her mind, utterly devastated and demolished- her heart throbbing in torment to know that she was now detested by her own brother- someone she dearly loved ever since..

No my boy that's not the way you speak to your own sis N.O.
I'm disappointed Jisung🤧