39

Aera placed the cover down on the bedside stand, taking her medication as prescribed

"I will never get used to this weird taste" She frowned, forcefully chugging the tablet down her throat along with the some water.

Placing the bottle down on the bedside stand, she exited her room, eyes wandering around the hallway- searching for Donghyuck and upon seeing him standing at the balcony that stood at one end of the hallway, she closed her room door behind her.

"We'll talk this out today Aera" She mumbled to herself, exhaling out as she prepared herself to confront him while she approached him.

"Umm, Donghyuck?" Aera called out, now standing beside him and he hummed in response, awaiting for her to speak.

"Are you free? Like.. can we talk?" She asked and he nodded- eyes still focused at the view ahead.

"About last night..." She began- hesitantly, the anxiety in her tone clearly audible and Donghyuck interjected before she could utter a word further.

"You don't have to tell me your past just cause I'm your soulmate, we still barely know each other" He paused, looking down at the girl as he spoke the next words out.
"We can talk about it when you're ready, when you entirely trust me Aera"
Aera was taken aback hearing those words from him but soon her lips quirked up into a wide smile, contented.

"Hyuck- oh! Donghyuck.." She corrected herself before continuing to speak.
"I trust you, really but it's just I'm not that comfortable talking about my past. It's only gonna trigger my nightmares and worsen.." Aera explained and he hummed in response, averting his gaze ahead as he gave a small nod, quietly listening to her speak.

With those words from her, silence consumed the two- no words being exchanged as they simply stood beside one another, lost in their own thoughts.

"Aera.." Donghyuck called out making her snap out of her trance before she turned to her side to face him.

"Agent 03- Mark Lee, is your brother isn't he?" He asked and her eyes slightly widened but soon gave a nod in response.

"But Park and Lee, how?" He raised a brow, perplexed.
"Actually, were not real siblings, like Mark's family adopted me when I was seven" Aera answered and he simply stared at the girl- eyes ranking over her face, unsure as to how to respond to those words.

"I'm eternally grateful to mom and dad and of course Mark.. my life would've been totally different without them- nothing like today" Aera spoke, a small smile lingering on her lips as she talked about her 'family'.

"If only Sung was there too.." She muttered under her breath, inaudible to Donghyuck- gulping down the lump in her throat, blinking away her tears.

"I was treated just as equally as to how Mark was and most of the time I felt like I was burdensome to them. After joining Pyrite when I was twelve I felt relieved that I didn't have to live along with mom and dad and be a burden to them-"
Aera turned to face him, her concerned eyes ranking over his side profile.

"-but again, now I'm a burden to my soulmate and it honestly bothers me.."
Donghyuck squint his eyes, glancing at the girl at those words.

"At least now I'm glad, three more days and you don't have to worry about me anymore, you don't have to watch over me being a mess every time I've nightmares and mainly, not have your enemy by your side all the time- that's a win-win situation you know"
Aera gave him a smile though those words pained her own heart and Donghyuck looked down at her- his hazel orbs glancing between her own, trying to decipher if he heard her right.

"Do you still think I see you as my enemy?" Donghyuck asked, furrowing his brows and she simply laughed it off, unknown to her as to how strange he felt when she said he didn't have to worry about her anymore.

Seeing that she took his words on a light note, he parted his lips to speak out but just then her phone rang making her pull her phone from her pocket and she mumbled out a small 'sorry' before answering the call.

Donghyuck sighed out, throwing his head back in frustration- running his fingers through his brown hair, shrugging off all the conflicting thoughts that flooded his mind.

"What the fuck are saying, you idiot" He muttered to himself, mentally slapping himself for saying out those words to Aera.

After a few seconds, Aera walked back towards the balcony.
"Sorry, it was Mark- kinda protective brother you see" She commented, shoving her phone inside before looking up at the boy.

"Anyways, what were you saying?" She asked and he paused for a few seconds, internally debating about his words but nevertheless he shook his head, shrugging as though it was nothing.

"I've to go" Donghyuck let out, turning around and walked away not sparing her a look and she sighed out, turning towards the view ahead deciding to not bother him and spend some time alone.

"Three more days and I don't have to worry anymore?! Great, just great"
Donghyuck mumbled out, scoffing under his breath- fists clenched by his sides as he swiftly entered his room, shutting the door behind him.

Was I worried about her?

Donghyuck exhaled out, shutting his eyes close momentarily with a hand on his heart that was pounding within his chest- the strange, foreign feeling he felt towards Aera washing over him.

Though he wasn't too sure of what exactly he felt for her but surely, now, she became someone he couldn't simply let go off and it bothered him- his eyes drew down to his wrist that had her name inked onto below the jet black crescent moon.

Someone he purely despised now turned into someone he couldn't get himself to forget about and it weighed his heart down.

Am I falling for her already...?

As you should 👀🤷‍♀️

As you should 👀🤷‍♀️