63

"Why is Mark here?!""I don't know Hyuck" Aera muttered out, keeping her gaze fixated on Mark

"I don't know Hyuck" Aera muttered out, keeping her gaze fixated on Mark.

"Why are you here?"
"I should be asking you the same Aera"

"Kang was talking about you, wasn't he?" Seojun questioned and Aera curtly nodded, "What's in that file?" She quirked up a brow and he sighed, talking a step further.

Mark clicked his tongue disapprovingly, pressing the muzzle onto the back of Seojun's head, "Explain yourself and only then you get that file"

"I've got no time—"
"I don't care Mr.Kim" Aera rolled her eyes, walking over to grab the file in her hand.

"You two are forgetting your place. I can—"
"Fire me? Yeah, I still don't care"
Seojun scoffed at her words, "You're always a trouble" He muttered under his breath, drifting his attention to the file she held.

Just when Mark was about to speak, from her peripheral vision she noticed Yeosang abruptly get on his feet, rushing over for the file.
"Aera, the drug is probably kicking in. Make sure Kang stays conscious"
Before she could register those words from Yangyang, Mark being the one with the quickest reflexes did not hesitate in disposing the bullet into Yeosang's arm.

"Shit! Mark, no- wait" She uttered out in disbelief, hurrying over to Yeosang's body that collapsed onto the couch.

"You shouldn't have- what have you done?!" Aera exclaimed, ranking her eyes over the figure with a heavy sigh.

"You knocked him out Mark! He won't regain consciousness within the next six hours"
"It doesn't matter. We can investigate late—"
"We can't!" Aera interjected, running a hand down her hair in annoyance.

"I can't assure you he'll remember all that happened now either"
"The fuck do yo— you drugged him?!"
"Yeah, I mean- I had to!"
Aera glanced up at Mark who looked entirely unconvinced with her words, "I'll explain later Mark, please" She replied, clutching the file tighter in her hands.

"Another stupid fabricated file about Azurite Neo. Are you really so desperate to prove Neo guilty?!"
"And why are you so desperate to prove Citrine guilty??"
"What is your relation with Citrine, Mr.Kim?" Aera dodged his question, narrowing her stern eyes on the elder who stood ahead of her.

"There's nothing in betwee—"
"Everyone has a reason behind what they do- intentional or not. Just say it before it's too late Mr. Kim" Aera spoke, clenching her jaw beginning to loose her patience at how her questions were left unanswered.

"Give me the file and I'll exp—"
"Cut the bullshit Kim. You became my suspicion after diverting the mission from Citrine to Neo, intentionally. I had been following you ever since and I very well know where you often visit and whom you meet. Better get straight to the point before I decide to throw you behind the bars"
Mark daunted and Seojun stared at the two ahead for a few seconds before throwing his head back in frustration, exhaling out in order to keep himself composed.

"There isn't anything to explain. Citrine and I are in no way related"
"Nonsense. Then why are you here to meet Kang who is a member of Citrine—"
"I was forced to! I had no other choice but to agree with whatever they commanded!"
Seojun yelled out- voice mixed with annoyance and despair making Mark and Aera share a look before Mark decided to speak up.

"And why were you forced into this?"
"Cause my son is in danger!"
"What?!"
"Yes! Citrine held him hostage for being a witness of their crime!"
Aera paused upon hearing those words, immediately recalling the past as a familiar name resounded her mind.

It surely isn't who I think it is.. right?

"Your son is...?"
"Kim Taewon"

Y'all didn't expect that did you 😉Also, Seojun ain't the bad guy, he just followed what he was asked to do 🤷‍♀️

Also, Seojun ain't the bad guy, he just followed what he was asked to do 🤷‍♀️