54

"Now why the hell are we here??" Aera asked while tapping his jean pockets for her ID

"We had to shift in here after all that shit on the other day. The hq is being refurbished, we'll have to wait for some while" Johnny replied and she simply gave a nod.

Johnny noticed how Aera amusedly stared at the building ahead, "It's Seojun's office, nothing so beautiful about it" Johnny added and she snapped her head to face him with wide eyes.

"What?!" She uttered in disbelief, "Yea thanks to you" Jaehyun muttered out with a heavy audible sigh.
"Shit, I'm sorry" Aera apologized, feeling guilty that she was solemnly responsible for what the others were needlessly put through.

Taeyong placed a hand on her shoulder, giving it a small pat as he spoke, "It's ok, don't blame yourself for it" Aera let out a half-hearted smile at those words before they made their way inside the office, swiping their ID's for access.

Taeyong and Jaehyun lead the way while Aera and Johnny followed behind.
"Get ready to work your ass off" Johnny began in a low voice, keeping the conversation between the two making her raise a brow, confused at his words.

"This office is mainly for recruiting new agents and provide them with training before they move to the Pyrite hq which means Seojun spends most of his time in here" Johnny said as a matter of fact and a groan escaped her lips.

Walking down the hallway, Aera tilted her head to the side trying to get a better view of the multiple rooms filled with numerous advanced equipments required for training.

"Wow.. remember when our batch had shit training supplies?" Aera questioned, looking at Johnny who walked beside her.
"Things change Aera, that was nine years ago and we were the first ones to join" He stated and she nodded in agreement.

"Yet after all these years we're the top five, wow"
"That's probably the only reason why Seojun treats us better than the others"
"Better? He hates me- two weeks suspension and you call it better?"
"Umm, that's.. not my problem"

Soon they came to a halt and Taeyong pushed open the door that stood ahead of them, entering in as he spoke, "We're sharing the office with the others- all the top seven agents, I mean".

Aera simply nodded while stepping inside and being the last one to enter, she closed the door behind her, eliminating any noise from the hallway.

Taeyong approached the others, having a quick conversation with them before turning around to face Aera, "06 and 07 will be assisting us with the current mission" Hearing those words, she looked at the familiar person who stood beside Taeyong.

"So we meet again, Park Aera" Ten extended his arm with a warm welcoming smile plastered on his face and she shook his hand, returning him a smile.

"No names" Taeyong lowly glared at Ten and he raised his hand up in the air in defeat, knowing Taeyong had authority over the others since he was the top agent.

"Hey, here's the wrapped up file you've wanted" Yuta interjected, handing over the file to Taeyong and he soon caught sight of Aera, giving her a small nod acknowledging her presence before walking back towards his desk.

"He's still the same- workaholic" Aera mumbled to herself before drifting her attention to the file in Taeyong's hands.

Just when Aera was about to speak, the door swung open earning all their attention, revealing Seojun and behind him trailed Mark.

"Oh hell not again" Jaehyun muttered under his breath, rolling his eyes upon catching sight of Seojun.

"Sir, this is the file with information of all the crimes under Azurite Neo" Taeyong explained as he handed the file to the elder.
"A what?" Aera exclaimed out loud and Johnny lightly nudged her arm making her purse her lips.

"Evidences?" Seojun raised a brow as he opened the file to glimpse through, "Yes sir, we've personally collected them from the chief police officer" Mark replied, giving an assuring nod.

"Okay, I'll send this to FBI for approval and now that you are back-" Seojun raised a finger, pointing at Aera, "-we'll proceed with the mission"
"Once it's affirmed that Azurite Neo is accountable for all these crimes, we'll take immediate action to eliminate them" Seojun stated and they all nodded in agreement, except Aera.

"Sir, Citrine is involved as well, CEO Kang—"
"Yes I'm aware, your point being?"
"So sir, to take any action on Neo we'll have to prove Citrine is law-abiding—"
"Our target is Azurite Neo and that is it"
Seojun interjected concluding their conversation, turning his back on them as he walked away.

Aera clenched her fists in annoyance, a harsh sigh escaping her lips before she spoke up, "And what if I prove Citrine condemnable?" Those words brought him to a stop.

"Aera!" Mark held onto her hand, shaking his head in disapproval which she completely ignored.

"You're always rebelling against my words aren't you?" Seojun scoffed out in frustration at her behavior.
"Sir, if I prove Citrine accountable for all these crimes will 'Mission Neo' terminate?" She repeated herself, genuinely wanting to hear his response.

Seojun paused for a few seconds, mentally debating before he spoke up, "Fine, prove it with all the evidences and I'll terminate this Mission"
"But remember, you only have two days before FBI holds Neo accountable"
With that said, Seojun exited the room leaving the rest by themselves.

Aera exhaled out, unclenching her fists before she looked down at the name inked onto her wrist- her last opportunity to prove Neo guilt-free, her only remaining chance and all she had in her hands were two days.

Soo what do you think should happen?? 👀