45

The blissful amble of the seashore, the jewel blue waves carelessly lashing onto the golden blanket of sand, the sapphire sky where the gleaming sun stood amid, welcoming people with the warmth it's torrid rays impart- the horizon was edged with s...

The blissful amble of the seashore, the jewel blue waves carelessly lashing onto the golden blanket of sand, the sapphire sky where the gleaming sun stood amid, welcoming people with the warmth it's torrid rays impart- the horizon was edged with silvery line manifesting itself as though the sky and water meet one another.

The flurry of the blistering air striking past the two who were walking round the seashore- the light undertone of the salty scent of the sea lingering carried out through the air that brushed past them made her nose scrunch up.

"Are we just going to stay like this all day?" Aera spoke up, bringing the endless stillness between the two to a stop.
Donghyuck looked to his side, glancing at the girl who was facing her front as they walked alongside each other.

"It's comfortable this way though" Donghyuck said and without any reluctance he extended his hand, slipping her hand below his as he interlaced their fingers together while he looked ahead, embarrassed to face her.

Aera was startled and she instantly looked up to her side with wide eyes- her eyes ranking over his side profile, trying to decipher his actions and soon a smile crept her face.

"Yeah, it's comfortable this way" Aera stated, holding onto his big hands as the two walked with intertwined hands.

"How did you join the gang?" Aera asked trying to begin a conversation with him.
"I didn't join, I was born in it. Dad owns half the mafia and was the former leader, that's how now I'm the leader of Neo- it being his foremost gang" Donghyuck replied and she nodded in acknowledgment.

"But... did you want to join?" Hearing her words Donghyuck turned to look at the girl who was already staring at him, awaiting his response.

Donghyuck tilted his head to his side to get a better view of the girl- his eyes narrowing down on hers before he sighed under his breath.

"I never felt like being in the gang was a burden to me, at least not until now" He said making her furrow her brows, perplexed.

"Why now?" Aera asked and he brought their intervened hands up- her name that was inked on his wrist in visibility to her as he spoke.
"Cause now, I've someone to care for.." Hearing his words Aera paused and so did he, raising a brow confused at her actions.

Aera placed her free hand on her thumping heart before she exhaled out and looked up at the boy beside her.
"What's with this sudden character development?" She uttered out, almost in disbelief and he chuckled out at those words.

"Get used to it" Donghyuck commented, pulling his hand that held hers by his side as the two continued to walk.

"You know something.." Aera began looking up at him and he simply hummed for her to proceed.
"Pretty random but...that lip ring suits you, really" She said ranking her eyes over the silver loop that was hooked over his naturally red lips and his eyes flickered down to her eyes, unsure of how to respond to her.

Donghyuck simply nodded, turning to face his front and she rolled her eyes at his reaction.
"Is that all I get?"
"I'm not used to getting compliments.. it's just- just weird hearing one" Donghyuck shrugged and Aera mentally took note of those words.

"Hey, let's buy some!" Aera excitedly let out, wanting to divert the topic as she pointed at the bubble tea stall that was situated ahead and he nodded as the two made their way towards it.

"What would you—"
"Thai tea with boba" Aera replied, giving Donghyuck a smile and he nodded, turning to face the person who stood at the counter to place their order.

Aera leaned against the railing, scrolling through her phone while she waited for Donghyuck and all of a sudden feeling someone's gaze on her she glanced up from her phone only to see two guys staring right back at her while mumbling something amongst themselves.

Deciding to ignore it, she went back to texting on her phone and soon Donghyuck had arrived at where she was standing.
"Here," He spoke up and she looked up from her phone before shoving it inside her pocket while her other hand grabbed the bubble tea from his hand.
"Thanks" She mumbled out, sipping onto her drink.

"I had never tried that one, how does it taste?" Donghyuck asked, sipping onto his bubble tea and he looked up from his phone upon getting no response from her.

"Aera..?" Donghyuck lightly tapped on her shoulder, snapping her out of her trance.
"H-huh? Oh.. yes, I like it" Aera blurted out, her eyes subconsciously trailing over to the two only to see them still have their eyes on her.

Donghyuck squint his eyes on her at her reply, following as to where she was looking at and he caught sight of the two guys who were seated on the bench with their eyes fixated on Aera.

Feeling uncomfortable under their gaze, Aera turned around to fully face Donghyuck such that her back was now facing the two guys and he clearly noticed how inconvenient she felt cause of the two and he clenched his fist by his side, infuriated.

"I'll pay and be back" Donghyuck said but Aera stopped him.
"No no, let's share the—"
"It's ok, I'll pay" With that said he left her alone, walking towards the counter and Aera silently went back to her phone.

After waiting for some good time, she sighed out before sliding her phone inside her pocket.
"How long?" She muttered to herself as she searched for Donghyuck inside the stall.

All of a sudden a hand hovered over hers and she flinched, her other hand instinctively swinging forward but thankfully he was quick to read her moves and held onto her hand, mere inches away from his face.

"Oh.. sorry" Aera mumbled out, retracting her hand upon noticing it was Donghyuck himself.
"At least look up at the person" Donghyuck shook his head at her move- a small chuckle leaving his lips and she averted her gaze, embarrassed.

"Let's go" Donghyuck said holding onto her hand properly and she nodded, her eyes one last time taking a look of the two and they widened in surprise.

"Why do they have a bruised jaw??"
"Cause I gave them one" Donghyuck simply shrugged and her parted lips quirked up into a smile, almost reaching her eyes and she linked their arms together, pleased to know she had him by her side.

"Why do they have a bruised jaw??" "Cause I gave them one" Donghyuck simply shrugged and her parted lips quirked up into a smile, almost reaching her eyes and she linked their arms together, pleased to know she had him by her side

Hyura be sailing😌✊🏻