37

2:17

2:17

Donghyuck threw his head back on his chair, placing the file down and a sigh of frustration escaped his lips at the stacks of paperwork left pending with.

"This headache is worst" He clutched his temples- despite his head pounding in torment he tried to ignore it and get his work settled.

Standing up, he slid his hands into his sweatpants pocket, exiting his room and heading to the kitchen to grab some water.

The hallway was dimly lit and all the room doors were shut close- his eyes aimlessly wandering around, his mind mulling over his work as he walked.

His eyes drifted down to the floor and he paused when he caught sight of the silver pearls scattered on the carpet.

"What the.." He mumbled under his breath, crouching down with furrowed brows.
He picked up the pearls in his hands before standing up and shoving it inside his pocket, unbothered to take a look at the letters that were craved onto the silver pearls.

Opening the refrigerator he grabbed the water bottle- throwing his head back as he chugged the cold water down his throat, his adam's apple bobbing as he did and relief washed over him, revived.

Donghyuck

Donghyuck paused, bringing his hand that held the bottle down but soon shrugged it off thinking he was just hearing things.

H-Hyuck!

This time he clearly did hear her voice- his eyes trailing over to her closed room door, concern taking over him at her tone.

Are you ok?

It hurts Hyuck!
Please stop it
Can y-you come?

Upon hearing those words, it dawned on him that her nightmares were reoccurring and as to why his head was pounding all this time.
"Shit" He muttered out, placing the bottle down on the counter before he rushed towards her room.

Please Hyuck..
I can't seem to stay awake for long

Donghyuck twisted the door knob only to see it was locked.

Aera open the door!

I can't Hyuck!
It hurts more when I move
Please do something..

He ran a hand down his hair in exasperation, cursing under his breath and without giving it a second thought he took a few steps back, kicking the door with all his might until it flung open.

"Aera!" He called out with a panic filled tone- one hand holding the door from swinging back at him while the other was against the wall, supporting himself.