12

"What was I expecting anyways?" Aera mumbled under her breath, walking down the hallway as she stared at the floor- mind pondering over his words from earlier

Just then she ran into someone, crashing her head right against their chest and she took a few steps back, composing herself on her feet before looking up at the boy who remained unfazed- his own eyes boring holes into her figure as he instantly recognized her.

"You're the one—"
"Yea whatever" Aera interjected- unbothered to even hear him out as she walked past him and was soon out of his sight.

"Wasn't she held hostage?" He questioned to himself before shrugging as he walked down the hallway to his room.

Aera head to the very familiar riverside, spending the rest of the day sitting by the bench- thoughts clouding her mind about her soulmate, not knowing where their relation was heading.

11:10

Aera slid the window open, before sneaking inside her room, cautions to not wake anyone up since it was beyond late for her to get back home or at least according to Mark- she was late.

Twisting her room door knob open, she tip toed to the kitchen to grab some water.

"Where were you?" Aera paused mid way hearing those words, mentally cursing herself for being caught by Taeyong but atleast it was better than it being Mark.

"Just.." Aera shrugged in response and he raised a brow, "Aera I know you, don't lie" Taeyong said, tilting his head to the side as he intently watched the girl.

"I wasn't feeling that good today. You know where I go other than headquarters and home right?" Aera replied and he sighed out knowing she was at the riverside yet he was troubled to know she hid something from him.

"I have whole of Neo's gang member profiles- it's with Jaehyun, go through it later" Taeyong said standing up from the couch, "All of it?" Aera asked, a part of her not wanting him to know anything about her soulmate.

"Yes, why?" Taeyong asked, picking his phone that was placed on the table as he faced the girl and she simply shrugged in response.

"Why didn't you tell me about your soulmate?" Taeyong asked and she tensed up, looking down at her wrist that was covered with the sleeve of her jacket.

"I saw you earlier Aera- it was the bond wasn't it?" He asked, indicating about what had happened back at their headquarters and she gave a small nod, almost like she was forced to answer him.

Taeyong approached the girl as he spoke, "Who is it?" Aera remained silent and he extended his arm to reach out onto hers but paused upon seeing her jerk her hand behind her back.

"Aera what's wrong? Who is it?" Taeyong repeated himself, "Nothing Tae, just—"
"Aera" Taeyong interjected, calling out her name- his tone much deeper and his gaze swiftly turning into a stern one and she sighed out in defeat, knowing it wasn't the best to get on his bad side.

Aera placed her hand by her side which he reached onto, eyes narrowing down on her soulmate's name and she screwed her eyes shut not wanting to see his reaction, anxious as to how he would react upon knowing their enemy was her soulmate.

"Lee Donghyuck?" Aera flung her eyes open, knitting her brows together as to how he remained impassive despite reading his name, "You're not angry or something?" Aera asked and he let go off her hand before he spoke, "I'm more happy you found your soulmate" Taeyong replied, flashing her a smile.

"Next time you meet your soulmate, you don't have to lie you are sick. Feel free to leave when you wanna meet him" He said, smiling to himself before entering inside his room leaving the girl baffled at his reaction.

"Does he know who he is or not?" Aera mumbled to herself, puzzled at his reaction, "Whatever, it's still a good thing for me" She muttered, shrugging her thoughts and walked back inside her room.

After getting changed into her comfortable pajamas, she lied down on her bed- sighing out in relief upon feeling the soft mattress below her and hugging her thick white duvet closer to her body, a smile curled up on her lips as warmth invaded her and she soon drifted off to sleep.

A shitty chapter it is, I know🤦🏻‍♀️