46

𝙊𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙖𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙠 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧,
𝙒𝙚'𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚 ...

The two were seated on the edge of the seashore with the waves dribbling onto their bare feet while watching the ecstatic sight ahead- the sky was ablaze with the sun that was setting, hues of blended crimson and orange gold stretched across the h...

The two were seated on the edge of the seashore with the waves dribbling onto their bare feet while watching the ecstatic sight ahead- the sky was ablaze with the sun that was setting, hues of blended crimson and orange gold stretched across the horizon, it reflecting onto the halcyon ocean beneath.

"It's beautiful" Aera let out as she stared ahead at the breathtaking sight.

Donghyuck leant his hand behind him, supporting himself from falling as he watched the girl beside him, a small smile lingering on his lips as he stared at his soulmate.

"I never got to view the sunset. I can't believe I missed something this beautiful all these years, thanks Hyuc— Donghyuck"
Aera said turning to look at her side only to see his gaze already on her and their eyes met for a few seconds making her instantly avert her gaze- her heart fastening it's pace at the mere eye contact they held.

"It's no fun simply sitting this way.." Aera trailed off before leaning forward towards the waves of the ocean that leaped at her feet.

Aera picked some of the content in her hand before splashing the water on the boy beside her catching him off guard.

"Aera I— yea, it's no fun"
Aera watched him sit up straight and already deciphering his next move, she stood up on her feet as she took steps away from him.

"You might have to run for your life" Donghyuck said tilting his head to his side, a smirk pulling up on his lips.

"You're not actually goin—"
Her eyes widened upon seeing him swiftly stand up on his own feet.
"Wait! Hyuck I— I'm sorry, no!" Aera muttered out as she took steps back, away from him.

"Too late babe"
And even before she could process his words, within the blink of an eye he began running towards her making her heart lurch and she ran like there was no tomorrow with him chasing her right behind her.

After running for what felt like an eternity to her, he caught onto her- his hands encircled around her waist making her come to an abrupt stop, her hands placed over his that held her in his arms as she leant against him.

Both panting hard from all the running yet their laughs pierced through the serenity- almost like they were the only ones in the world.

"Now is all the fun" He uttered, still out of breath.
"Wha— hey! Put me down!"
"My payback babe"

The night drew down, sky grew gloomy and the pale crescent moon glimmered down on them with blanket of stars littering its surround and the crowd began thinning, leaving barely a few people left at the beach.

Donghyuck ran a hand down his wet hair while the other was placed behind him on the cooling sand before he spoke up, looking ahead.
"Does Mark know about Jisung?" He asked and Aera shook her head in response.

"Actually.. he doesn't even know that you are my soulmate. He only knows you as Haechan and that my soulmate is Donghyuck" Aera sighed out drawing her knees closer to her body.

"I can't comprehend how he would react- enemies being soulmate and all.. ugh I don't know" Aera huffed out air before leaning on her hands that were looped around her knees as she looked at him.

"Someday he will get to know, it's better to say beforehand Aera" Donghyuck said and she slightly shook her head disapprovingly.

"I'm scared to tell him about us Hyuck" Hearing those words Donghyuck sat up straight, moving towards the girl.

"Us?" Donghyuck let out- his hazel orbs glancing between her own, searching for an answer and his heart picked up it's pace at the eye contact.

Donghyuck had his eyes on her before looking away and gulping down the strange feeling that built up in him every time he looked at the girl.

Aera cleared her throat, looking away before deciding to divert the topic.
"It's so cold" Aera said, running her hand up and down her arm, trying to keep herself warm since her shirt was partially wet with the water.

Soon a jacket was placed around her shoulder and she caught onto it, holding it in place before turning to her side only to see Donghyuck quickly avert his gaze, avoiding her eyes.

"And you?" She asked, eying his white shirt which was drenched and he simply shrugged.
"I'm fine"
Aera rolled her eyes at his response, pulling his jacket off her body before handing it to him and he shook his head, placing it back on her shoulder.

"No wear it, I don't want you to get sick- if you fall ill so do I and I've work starting from—oh" Aera was startled when he all of sudden wrapped his hands around her waist, pulling her closer to him from the back.

"Happy?" He asked, placing his chin on the crook of her neck- her floral scent invading his senses and his eyes subconsciously closed shut as the two stayed in that position- her heart pounding wither her chest and she panicked if he could hear her heart that was beating much loud.

"Aera.." Donghyuck began and she simply hummed in response, awaiting for him to proceed.

"You can call me Hyuck... if you want" He said as he nuzzled his head further into her warmth and she chuckled out at the tickling sensation of his hair that brushed against her bare neck.

An uncontrollable smile spread her lips and she simply nodded before moving closer in his arms- both of them slightly swaying in one another's hold.

Aera had her eyes aimlessly wandering around, still in his arms with endless thoughts flooding her mind- the entire day felt almost like a dream to her and felt euphoric to see her soulmate willingly reach out for her.

They really were getting somewhere...

Oh how nice it is to see Hyuck's character develop to these heights 🥺🥺