17

"Third room on your right" Jaemin pointed at the door before leaving the girl alone in the hallway- hurriedly walking towards the Tech room since Renjun had asked for him

Aera walked towards his room- her hand reaching onto the door and hesitantly she knocked on it, tapping her foot on the ground while awaiting for the door to open but nevertheless it did not.

Furrowing her brows, she twisted the door knob open but stopped mid-way not wanting to enter inside his room without his consent.

A sigh escaped her lips as she backed away before taking steps towards the end of the hallway where the balcony stood.

Placing her hands on the railing she looked ahead- eyes wandering around as she could view the whole of the Neo Headquarters.

Men wearing black with weapons in their arms, guarding every corner of the headquarters- well secured almost like Pyrite Cube headquarters.

Soon her eyes caught sight of someone being forcefully dragged into the building- which she recognized as the building at which she was held hostage.

"Poor guy" She muttered under her breath, "Wait.." She snapped out of her trance before turning back only to see the hallway empty.

"Am I really waiting for him??" She scoffed at her own words in disbelief before turning around, ready to leave, as she spoke to herself.
"He doesn't give a fuck abou—" Aera shot her eyes wide open, hand instinctively placing on her heart as she looked up at the boy- surprised by his sudden presence.

"Yea, true I don't" He replied to her words, shrugging as he walked to stand beside her, staring ahead at the view.

Aera did not react, already seeing those words coming through cause she was well aware that he did not care one bit about her.

"Why are you here?" He asked, pulling out his phone as he glued his eyes down on it.

"You should learn to control your emotions somehow," She began and he paused whatever he was doing, turning to look at the girl who stood beside him, awaiting for her to continue.

"What's got you so angry yesterday?" She asked, turning to face him only to see him already have his eyes on her.

Donghyuck wordlessly stared at the girl for a few seconds before averting his gaze earning a small sigh from the girl, leaving her question unanswered.

"Did you never once want to know where I work at?" Aera asked out of curiosity and his eyebrows puckered but nonetheless he shrugged.

"I don't care" He uttered out- his eyes staring down at hers, void of any emotion making Aera click her tongue in disapproval, "Saw that coming.." She mumbled under her breath- a part of her disappointed at his answer but she did not take it severely since they were just mere strangers.

"How did you know?" He asked, oblivious to anything that dealt with the soulmate bond since he had no one to explain him about it, nor did he ever care about bring up the soulmate topic.

"Bond. It's a sign our bond is strengthening.." Aera replied, indicating about how they shared one another's emotions and he scoffed out a laugh- almost mockingly before he spoke.

"Strengthening our bond?" He shook his head, rolling his eyes at her words.
"Yea, Surprisingly" Aera stated, starting to get annoyed with how he did not show any care towards it.

The two remained quiet, no words being exchanged and soon another voice cut through the silence, earning both their attention.

"Haechan, the training- at the phase 2 basement, now" Jaemin said and he nodded, shoving his phone inside his pocket before turning around to leave but paused seeing the girl make no move.

"Aren't you leaving?" He asked and she simply shrugged stepping to stand alongside him, "I'll watch you train" She said, and he shook his head in disapproval.

"Just go, don't waste my time" He glanced at her but she shook her head in response.
"I'll have to come back anyways- to heal you so I don't die this young" She said and he sighed out, getting annoyed at the girl.

"I don't need you" He said looking at her, desperately wanting the girl to leave.
"But I do" She mumbled under her breath and he raised a brow, bewildered if he had heard her right.

"Why no? Are you that bad?" She questioned- raising a brow, knowing he would not say a no in response to those words.

"What?" Donghyuck narrowed his eyes down on her- scoffing out at her words in disbelief.

He inched closer to the girl- his one hand trailed up to grip onto the railing behind her and the other hand in his pocket,
"What did you say?" He muttered out- leaning down closer to her.

"W-what?" Aera stammered, instinctively stepping back- her back hitting the cold railing leaving her no space to escape- forcing herself to stare at the boy who stood ahead.

His hazel orbs piercing into her black ones- his hot breath fanning her face and her heart pounded within her chest as he was merely inches apart from her face.

"Watch me.." He said as he leaned down closer to her ear- the silver ring adorning his lips slightly brushed her ear at the close proximity, sending shivers down her spine at the cold metal touching her skin making her freeze- shocked by his actions.

A languid smirk quirked up on his lips- tone dropping down to a whisper as he let out the next words-
"I'm the ace babe, much pride"

He pushed himself off her, taking a step back and Aera at last breathed out, not knowing she had been holding her breath all along.

His eyes trailed over her figure before settling on her face- throwing her a wink as his tongue habitually played with the ring on his lips, smirk never wearing off his lips.

And turning around on his heels he walked away from the girl leaving her utterly stunned by his actions.

Hyuck is H O T 👁👄👁