41

Walking down the hallway, Aera had her eyes glued onto her phone screen, busy scrolling through the texts in the group chat

The person walking towards her went unnoticed by her and she bumped into their shoulder and paying no mind to it she mumbled out a 'sorry' before walking past the person without even sparing them a look.

"Stop right there" The elder male snapped making Aera paused at his words, turning around to face him.

"What?" She asked- her bored eyes looking at his while shoving her phone inside her pocket.

"You are..?" He asked, raising a brow as he eyed the girl with suspect.

"Why? Does my presence bother you?" Aera scoffed out, rolling her eyes, uninterested in the conversation.

The male let out a mocking laugh before looking down at the girl.
"You surely don't belong in here. Tell me, who are you and why are you here?" He asked sternly, cocking his head to the side.

"Why? And who are you?" Aera cross questioned him and he sighed out in frustration- her attitude infuriating him.

"Shut up and answer me young women- who. are. you?"
The elder was about to step forward but before he could someone else stood in front of Aera, blocking his view of the girl.

"Mr. Lee, she's my sister" He said and the elder narrowed his eyes on the younger, trying to detect if he was lying but seeing no sign of it he nodded.

"Teach your sister some fucking manners Jisung"
"Sorry" Jisung averted his gaze before holding onto her hand and dragging her out of the building.

"Jisung what- why are you- Sung!" Aera yelled out bringing him to a stop and he let go off her hand before turning to face her.

"What the hell were you thinking talking to him?! Do you even know who he is?? Stop getting yourself in trouble noona, what if I was late-"
Hearing those words Aera froze, her eyes widening as she listened to him angrily yell at her- her eyes lining with tears as a smile pulled up on her lips.

"-I don't even get why I'm so worried over you—" Jisung paused noticing her silence before he groaned out in annoyance.

"Noona I'm yelling at you and you are standing so calmly- wait, are you crying?!" Jisung leaned down to her height- his wide eyes looking at the girl who had tears welling up in hers but the smile on her face got him perplexed.

"What? Why? Why are you crying now?" He uttered out internally panicking if he subconsciously said something rude to her.

"Speak up Noona, did I say anything wron—"
"You called me 'Noona' Sung.." Aera interrupted and he paused realizing his own words before he stood up straight, mumbling out a small 'oh'.

Aera stepped back, slapping her hands on her mouth with a gasp in disbelief, his words gradually dawning on her.

He called me Noona..
Jisung called me Noona,
After fourteen years, again...

"Yea Noona.. I'm sor—" Before he could complete his sentence Aera pulled him into a tight hug- her hands around his shoulder and he stumbled forward at the force but soon balanced himself.

"I missed you Sungie" Aera mumbled out before a small satisfactorily laugh left her lips.
"Noona I can't- I can't breathe" Jisung muttered out and she instantly let go off him.

"Oh no sorry, it's just.. I'm too happy Sung!" Aera flashed him a wide smile, wiping away her tears before she looked up at her brother.

"Noona I'm sorry.. I was just angry cause that day you left me alone after the incident and- and I was alone, being just four I didn't know anything. I was at the hospital for six months along with the few people who survived out and I felt so lost, like I was in a whole new world- I hated everything.. Later Jeno Hyung brought me here and now-"
Jisung paused, eying the building behind them before looking back at the girl.

"-this is my home noona"
And those words broke her heart- it pained her heart to even imagine the hardships he was put through and she blamed herself for it all.

"Sung. I'm sorry, really. I wasn't thinking when I left you alone Sung. I was scared, scared to know our parents aren't with us anymore. I clearly still remember their-... their dead bodies right in front of me Sung.."
Aera gulped down the lump in her throat, tears rolling down her face as thoughts of the incident flooded her mind.

"Noona.." Jisung called out, stepping closer to her placing one hand on her shoulder while the other held hers, trying to comfort her.

"You two will forever be our sweethearts" Nayoung stated, pulling both her children into a quick hug.

"Definitely, you two have all our love" Changwoo ruffled Aera's hair as Nayoung pressed a kiss on Jisung's head.

"And Sungie is my sweetheart forever!" Aera excitedly joined in, flinging her arms around the younger, pulling him into a tight hug earning the two to break out into soft giggles.

Aera wiped away her tears before turning to face him, placing a hand on the side of his face as she spoke.
"You've grown so much Jisung, I can't be more proud of you. You'll forever be my sweetheart Sungie"
She pressed a kiss on his forehead and he chuckled out at the contact- contented to have his sister back in his life after all those years of living a lonely life- someone who made him feel like home, his long lost home..

 You'll forever be my sweetheart Sungie" She pressed a kiss on his forehead and he chuckled out at the contact- contented to have his sister back in his life after all those years of living a lonely life- someone who made him feel like home, his l...

They made up 🥺🥺