Ch. 100: Ridiculously romantic

Author's note:
September, 2020.

So... Chapter 100, huh? I would never have believed this story would reach the magic number when I started it. And much less that it would get close to 100K the 9 months it took to write it. I guess you can say that it's been a literary pregnancy, and this the result. This is my baby. And I won't deny that it's gonna be sad to say goodbye to Michael and Lilliana's little universe. But maybe we'll meet them again in short imagines later? After all, that's how the story started anyway.

I want to thank you all for reading, voting and commenting. You've encouraged me to keep going even when my mind was empty, and you made me laugh when I was feeling low. You've pulled me right back on track, and I'm forever grateful. And as I'm writing this, 'The Guest' is ranked #1 in both Mikezilla, HIStory era, Goldpants, Career woman and Risk taking. But craziest of all; it's ranked #1 in the Michael Jackson category as well.
Out of 6.6K stories...!

Yes, I'm in shock.

Anyway:

Be kind. Be awesome. And live life to the max. Love you all and hugs to those who want.

💖🤗💖

*************************************

"This has been the most amazing day ever!"

Michael was grinning from ear to ear and blinked at me with lazy eyes.

"I'm glad to hear that," I said, smiling back. I felt proud and relieved that pretty much everything went according to plan.

"Did you get surprised?"

"Surprised? I was blown completely off the planet! When I saw the way you'd arranged the ceremony, I thought it would be a small wedding. But instead you... Wow."

I giggled and sat down on a chair to take my heels off. They weren't painful anymore, because my feet were so numb I couldn't feel anything. But when I took them off? Now, that was a whole different question.

"Do you want a foot massage?" Michael offered when he saw the contorted grimace I made. But he didn't really wait for me to answer. He just scooped me up and carried me up the stairs and into the bedroom, where he placed me on the bed.

"There," he stated proudly, as if he'd just found the most suitable place for his award, and it made me blush a little.

"We won't leave this room until we board the jet to Venice."

"But that's forty-eight hours!"

"Mhm," he snickered knowingly.

"It's gonna be room service and countless new bedsheets and towels. There's already a stack ready over there."

Michael nodded toward a little table in the corner, and he was indeed right.

"And the minibar I put over there is full, so we won't starve."

"You sound like we're already in a hotel room somewhere. And starve?"

The mischievous glimpse that met my eyes told me more than his mouth did.

"Let's just say that we're gonna need a refill of energy now and then."

"You're crazy," I mumbled, and watched him sit down on the bed next to me and place my feet on his lap. A moan escaped my lips when he carefully started massaging them.