Ch. 61: Consecration - too soon?

"What's she saying?"

Michael was eager as a child, wanting to know what the real estate agent said before she even said it.

"That there's a newly installed combined air-condition and central heat," I whispered.

"Oh, okay. What did she say now?"

"That there's a possibility to expand the kitchen if we remove the wall to the living room."

"Aha. But what does 'spachio' mean?"

I giggled and rolled my eyes when he pronounced it all wrong.

"It's 'espacio' and it means 'room'. Now can you please be quiet? I wanna hear what she's saying."

"That's what I would like too," he mumbled. But the woman was talking like a machine gun, and even I had problems keeping up with all the information. I almost forgot to actually look at the place. Michael did though, and he didn't seem impressed. And to be honest, the place gave me a rather creepy feeling even though it was nicely renovated and up to date.

I thanked the woman for her time and promised her to keep in touch, and maybe place an offer. Then we just smiled politely until the door closed behind us.

"Absolutely not," we said almost simultaneously. Then we giggled.

"Ready for the next, then?"

"As ready as can be," I said and took his hand that he offered. Right now we were strangely undisturbed and could walk to the car, without being attacked by the hoards that usually surrounded Michael everywhere he went. Still, the traffic was a chaos. Luckily, the driver was skilled enough to get us to the next property even earlier than scheduled.

"Now this..." Michael said already before the car parked.

"This is our new home, baby."

I laughed and shook my head.

"At least take a closer look at it before you decide anything."

"There. I looked, and I like it."

I elbowed him just before we got out of the car. It wasn't hard, but it was enough for him to groan in fake drama.

"Behave Jackson. At least listen to what they have to say. The house might be full of mites or rats, or have a leaking roof."

Michael raised his eyebrow with an unamused look.

"Okay. First of all; I can listen to all that they're saying and still be just as wise. Second; Does it look like it's close to condemnation?"

I knew he was right, so once we were inside, I focused on trying to tell him all the real estate agent said. He was a nice gentleman, dressed in a pinstriped, grey suit, with his black hair combed back with an unknown amount of hair gel. And even though he was well aware that Michael Jackson the popstar and all time entertainer was in the same room, he was still overly interested in me. And that did not go unnoticed by Michael.

"I don't like him," he whispered when the agent was busy opening the door to one of the bathrooms.

"You don't have to," I whispered back.

(18+) The Guest (Complete) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara