Ch. 53: Do it!

I couldn't quite understand how Michael would pull off having a picnic in the middle of Tokyo. Everywhere we went we were surrounded by either fans or journalists, who fought to get a piece of him. But when the car came to a halt outside a gate of iron bars, I laughed.

"Really, Michael? A botanical garden?"

He shrugged and gave me a sheepish look and pursed his lips.

"Where else can we have a picnic?"

"I was wondering the same. Especially since it's pretty cold outside. But how can we relax and enjoy with all those people buzzing around our heads?"

"Don't worry about them," he said and winked.

"And don't worry about the cold, either."

Moments after, Michael got two thick winter coats from Bill, his bodyguard, and quickly wrapped one around me and finished with a kiss on my cheek. And after putting on his own coat, he lead me through the entrance to the botanical garden.

We were immediately greeted by five of the people that worked there, one of them a young girl who looked so starstruck that is seemed like she was going to faint any minute. I didn't blame her, though. Michael had that effect on people. Even at St. Martinez when I didn't recognize him at first.

They left us alone as we wandered into the park hand in hand. And I was completely in awe of all the amazing bushes and trees. Even though it was winter and the flowers were mostly gone, it was still a very peaceful and beautiful place to be. But I found it strange that we were the only ones there.

"It is closed for the winter?" I asked curiously, but Michael just smiled the same mischievous smile as earlier.

"Something like that."

I gasped.

"You rented the entire garden?" I exclaimed startled. Although I shouldn't really be surprised. That was just how Michael was. Extra.

"I wanted privacy to spend time with you. And since I'll be busy in a few hours and probably won't be back until midnight, I thought a picnic was a good idea."

I sucked on my teeth and looked at a bush that was shaped like spiral. How do they even do that?

"Besides, I've got plans for you."

I turned and squinted at him. I wasn't sure if I liked the devilish glimpse he had in his eyes. Then he pulled me closer.

"And no, I won't fuck you outdoors, if that's what you're thinking of. We'll save that for later, when we get home."

I gasped, then blushed. Did he really think I thought of that? Did I think of that? No, I don't think so. But I certainly did now!

"Over there," Michael said and pointed, acting totally indifferent to what he just said. And just as we walked through a pavilion, created naturally between two tall trees, I could see a red blanket with a basket on it. And there were also two other blankets, and Michael tucked one around my legs and did the same for himself.

"There. Are you comfortable?"

"Yeah."

"You're not cold?"