Ch. 40: Found

Michael was still holding the phone to his ear and held a huge bouquet of red roses in the other, while he smiled from ear to ear. Then he groaned when he saw me with only a towel.

"Michael! What are you doing here?" I exclaimed in utter disbelief. Then I ran into his arms and hugged him, while I dug my face into the crook of his neck. He smelled so good. And to feel his warmth and the safety of his arms, was the one thing I needed most of all today.

"I got lost."

I giggled, holding on to the towel and him the best I could.

"How do you get lost between the Philippines and Japan, and end up in Spain?"

I kissed him and hugged him tighter.

"I'm really glad you did though, you silly man."

"I am too, because I'd feel terrible not being here when I know you're sad."

"I'm not sad anymore, thanks to you."

We got distracted by my neighbor unlocking her door, and I immediately pushed Michael into my apartment and out of sight. So when she opened, she saw me standing half naked in the empty hallway like a goof. And I got so unbelievably embarrassed that I wanted to jump into a hole in the ground!

"Uhm, hola. Soy yo. Solo estoy aqui, hablando conmigo misma."
(Uhm, hi. It's me. I'm just standing here, talking to myself.)

I gave her a sheepish grin and waved my hand awkwardly.

"Nos vemos... Algun dia."
(See you... Someday.)

Her eyes scanned me up and down with a suspicious frown, and I hurried inside before she could ask any questions. Thank God she didn't see Michael!

"Where should I put these?" he asked and held up the roses.

"In the kitchen."

I lead the way, and Michael followed close behind. And even though I knew he probably was curious about my apartment, his eyes were glued to something completely different.

"Stop staring at my ass."

"I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

"Okay, I am. But that's because I can see your left butt cheek."

I groaned. Oh no! What if my neighbor saw?

"Don't make those sounds. You already made me hard," he said lowly and looked down at himself. His bulge was already quite visible.

"I can see that," I giggled and reddened, before I bit my lip and forced myself to focus on what I was supposed to do. I grabbed a vase from the kitchen cabinet and filled it with water. But when I started sticking the roses into it, one by one, I felt Michael's hands slowly sneaking around me and pull me closer. He stroke over my belly and hummed into my ear.

"Our baby's growing," he said so lowly that it was almost a whisper, and my body reacted instantly. Then his hand lured itself inside the towel and touched my bare skin, causing my breath to change into a shallow shaky one. Goosebumps spread from his fingertips throughout all my nerve sensors, all the way up to my hair roots, and I shivered lightly.

"We've done this before, haven't we?"

I nodded, thinking about how terrible that ended. Because of me. But now I knew him better and my body was already adapted to his. And there was nowhere I'd rather be than right here with him.

"I want you," I whispered. Then I felt shy for saying that out loud. I didn't really mean to do that, no matter how true it was. But his response made me feel better. And more aroused.