Ch. 7: Cheers

"I'm so sorry for running out like that, Soph. I just freaked out because of all the people, and... And I had to go to the toilet, and didn't manage to get back into the crowd and... Like... You had my ticket, and the guard thought I had sneaked in and kicked me out."

I felt awful for lying to her, but I just couldn't tell her exactly what my problem was. Not after she'd probably spent half a month's salary on this trip, wanting to cheer me up after being so depressed lately.

"I didn't have your ticket."

"Uhh... You didn't? I... Uhm, I thought you did, and he... I mean, the guard was a really large man, and so scary that I didn't dare to argue with him."

That wasn't true, either. The guy had been smiling and nodding when I passed them, and wished me a good evening.

"And I didn't have my phone so I could tell you that I went back to the hotel. And that's your fault."

Sophia sighed and started pulling out the dress she was going to wear. It was a darker shade of lime green, and complimented her brown hair and olive skin perfectly.

"You're right. Besides, the night isn't over yet. So get dressed so we can find a club where we can fucking dance. I feel like getting wasted."

I looked at her sceptically.

"Just remember that we have to drive all the way back home tomorrow. Sober."

"Yeah, yeah. Get dressed and dry your hair, pretty girl. We're leaving in twenty."

Of course we didn't manage that. But about half an hour later, we passed the lobby and out into a waiting cab. And after we'd asked the driver which place he recommended, he let us off outside Reset club and told us to have fun. And I was happy to say that I was feeling a lot better with myself.

"Bar!" Sophia shouted over the loud music, and pointed out the direction. And without waiting for my response, she dragged me through the crowd and caught the bartender's attention.

"Tequila!" she yelled and held up four fingers, and I elbowed her and shook my head intently.

"Too much!" I mouthed. But of course, Sophia wouldn't have any of it and placed the first shot in my hand, and the other right in front of me. Then she raised her own and made sure I gulped mine down together with her, all at once. I could feel the burning sensation in my mouth, down my throat and all the way to my stomach, and made a face that caused Sophia to laugh. And right after, she mildly forced me to drink the other one, before she dragged me to the dance floor to let loose.

And boy did we let loose...

Several drinks later and even more dancing, I was feeling quite tipsy when we were approached by some men that looked familiar somehow. Sophia recognized them immediately and yanked me towards her and spoke loudly into my ear.

"It's Michael's dancers, Ana! Shit! They're so hot."

Then she continued dancing for a few seconds before she pulled me close again.

"I want the one with really long hair. No, wait. The bald guy. Holy fuck, look at that ass!"

I just giggled and shook my head. Then I straightened my way too short skirt and pulled down my top somewhat to cover my waist properly. And I cursed inwardly at Sophia that had picked the red halterneck that left almost my entire back bare, which again restrained me from wearing a bra. Dammit!

"What's your name, gorgeous?" one of them asked into my ear, as he came up behind me. He didn't touch me or behave sleazy, so I didn't push him away like I did with a couple of other guys that had started grinding on me out of nowhere. And when I turned my head to look at him, I was met with a friendly smile and curious eyes.