Ch. 63: Ducks and doves

The trip from Honolulu to Madrid was a pain in the ass. Not because it was uncomfortable in anyway. It was just normal. No. It was my non existent patience and need to see Lilliana again. After almost two weeks I ached to have her in my arms. Just to inhale her wonderful scent and see her smile, listening to her giggling and telling me about everything that crossed her mind. I just longed to be with her.

"We're here, Mr. Jackson," Vivian said, like if I didn't know we had landed. Then she sent me a certain glimpse like if she could read my mind. I just blushed and looked away. But as soon as the door opened, I hurried outside and found Ana standing between her two bodyguards, Marcus and Scott. She smiled from ear to ear and threw herself into my arms and hugged me tightly, and a lightning storm went off seconds after. But it wasn't the kind of fireworks that exploded inside of you, when you meet the love of your life. It was paparazzis and their many cameras. Luckily, Marcus, Scott and now also Bill were quick to shield us, and escorted us back into the jet.

"I'm sorry for not taking the time to look at the house," I apologized. But I wasn't really sorry. I had other plans. And I was pretty sure she would like it.

"As long as you stay the night when we get back home, it's okay," she answered, and I was relieved that she didn't seem upset about it.

"Of course. I can't wait to see the nursery. Did the carpet fit?"

"Yeah, it was perfect. And super soft."

She leaned her head shortly against my shoulder before we walked further into the jet, and we just couldn't let go of each other even after we'd sat down in our seats. I totally ignored Vivian, who grinned knowingly. As long as she gave my baby strawberries I wouldn't comment anything.

"How long does it take to get to California?" she asked while she fastened the seatbelt and adjusted it as far below her stomach as possible. Then she smiled when I placed my hand on her baby bump and stroked it a little. It never ceased to amaze me that a little bit of both of us was growing in there. A tiny person who I finally got to meet in a couple of months.

"Almost sixteen hours," I said absentmindedly. I knew that we weren't going to be in the air that long. I had planned a minor detour to a secret place. It was probably the least secret secret place ever, but it was still a secret I kept from her a little while longer. And just as expected, she was pretty confused when the jet landed only eight hours later.

"I thought you said sixteen hours?"

I just smiled.

"Oh, it's the time zone thing, isn't it?"

I kept smiling, waiting until she could see the signs at the airport. And it didn't take long until she did.

"New York?" she exclaimed.

"I thought you said that you live in California?"

"Oh, I do. And that's where we're heading. I just want to take you out on a date first."

Ana raised her eyebrows and looked a bit lost.

"Just prepare yourself for a lot of people and chaos. But don't worry. We'll get a police escort and I have my own security team as well. We can just pretend to be alone."

Both of us knew very well that I would never be able to ignore my fans, but the journalists? Heck yeah!

"So... We're going on a date? In New York city?"

"Mhm."

"Just like that?"

"Mhm."

"Hm."