Ch. 41: Sore cheeks

I was floating on a cloud of bliss. Sleep. The kind that relaxes your body all the way into the depth of your soul, like you have been numbed by a touch of heaven. You feel safe. Loved. Free.

"Michael?"

A soft voice. One that you recognized, but didn't really know why. And you didn't know where it came from until it called a second time, with their breath fanning your cheek, combined with a gentle stroke across your chest and a kiss.

"Michael? Honey? You need to wake up."

I didn't want to. I needed more of this wonderful sleep. But I didn't want to miss out on anything either, so eventually my curiosity pulled me out of my temporary paradise.

"I like that," I mumbled, suppressing the urge to open my eyes.

"And I like your morning voice."

She giggled, and my lips instantly curled up into a smile.

"Say it again," I said, before I took a deep breath and rolled over to my side to face her. Her hair was messy and sprawled around her shoulders and the pillow, and I pulled her close so I could feel the warmth of her body. My beautiful baby.

"That I like your voice?"

"No. You called me 'honey'."

She giggled and was probably blushing, because I could feel her biting her lip against my chest.

"We need to get up. My doctor's appointment is at ten."

"What time is it?"

"Eight something. But we need to shower and get ready. And there's probably traffic, and..."

"Are you going to work afterwards?" I asked. Then I apologized for interrupting.

"Well. Yeah. I didn't know that you were coming, so I only took a couple of hours off."

I contemplated whether or not I should ask her to skip work today, since I had to leave tonight. I couldn't just cancel the concert and stay another day, so I felt that every minute with her counted. But I didn't have to ask.

"Maybe I'll just tell dad that I'm not feeling well today."

She turned up to face me, and I knew my smile was answer enough. Then she poked my chest.

"Get up. Honey."

And with a satisfied smirk I did as told, and did the morning routine together with her just the way we did in Australia. Only not entirely. Because when I spanked her while we were waiting for the water to get warm, she cried out and glared at me. Then she started shaking her head.

"We don't have time for that now, Michael."

I put up a pouty face and whimpered like a puppy, which caused her to giggle.

"Stop that! I'm being serious. I don't wanna be late."

"Can't we just reschedule?" I tried, then started kissing her shoulder, while my arm coiled itself around her waist so I could place my palm protectively over her growing baby bump.

"No, we can't. Then we probably won't get another appointment until next week, and you're not here then. You don't want to miss out on it, do you?"

"Of course not."

"Then get to business," she ordered. So I did. I turned her around and backed her into the shower, while kissing her in a way that left her completely out of it. And I pulled her closer just as the heat of the water engulfed us both, the passion between us growing stronger by the second. But then she pulled away with a groan followed by a gasp of air.