Ch. 19: Salmon...ella

"Cris left."

It was LaVelle that approached me, a little reluctantly after what happened about Lilliana.

"Okay? When is he coming back? He better be ready for tomorrow."

"That's the case, Mike. He's not coming back. He quit. He gave his resignation to your manager."

"What?"

I turned around and stared at him, hoping that it was a joke. It wasn't.

"He quit because of you two arguing over a girl? My girl?" I asked, and couldn't hide my growing anger.

"No. Or... That might be a part of it. I think maybe he didn't handle to see us kissing."

"Kissing?! You kissed Ana?"

He shrugged.

"Short kiss, long story."

"You kissed Lilliana?" I repeated, and felt my fists clench automatically. Not that I would ever punch him, but the sudden possessiveness I felt about her made my blood boil.

"Okay. Maybe it wasn't a kiss, since he interrupted us."

He gave me a sheepish grin. But I just glared at him.

"Okay! She didn't let me. She turned away."

"Then why are you telling me this?" I snapped and turned my back on him, continuing what I was doing.

"I just wanted you to know that Cris quit and that we need someone to step in for him."

He knew perfectly well that I wasn't talking about Cris. But I refused to start an argument about it. I'd already won. She was mine now.

"I was thinking maybe Eddie? Or Jamie? They know the routines from last tour."

"I'll figure something out," I mumbled, wanting LaVelle to leave. We were done with today's rehearsal anyway.

"So... She's really pregnant, huh?"

"Yes. And please spare me for any Billie Jean jokes."

He chuckled.

"I hope you know that I wouldn't even look her way, if I knew that she was the girl that you told me about."

"Good," I mumbled. I already knew that. LaVelle was a loyal man.

"So we're good?"

I sighed, letting go of the tension that had built up inside me.

"Yeah. But Tatiana is still single. You can...

He snorted loudly before I could finish.

"Riiiight. Besides, I don't want your leftovers."

I let out a short laugh and frowned at him.

"I never touched her! And it wasn't my fault that she decided to kiss me on stage."

But LaVelle just chuckled. He already knew that. He just loved to joke about it. Still, he was one of my most trusted dancers, with high morals and the one who always did his best.

"When are you going to make it official?"

"Huh?"

I wasn't following him for a second. Until he nudged me with his fist.

"Ana, of course! And that you're going to be a father."

"Oh. I haven't talked to her about it yet."

"Better do it sooner than later. It might cause trouble for her on her way back to Spain."

I didn't want to think about that. Things were too complicated between us right now. But maybe I could persuade her into staying with me?