Ch. 69: Help me!

"YOU WHAT?"

Sophia's voice was a loud shriek in the phone. Then she screamed frantically so I had to hold the phone away for a moment. It didn't matter though, because I don't think anyone could've made out whatever she was trying to say.

"I said yes," I said eventually, and giggled.

"You're actually marrying him? F-I-N-A-L-L-Y!"

She spelled each letter like she was emphasising their importance in the alphabet.

"And..." I started, but I wasn't sure how to tell her the rest.

"And...?"

"ImighthavetoldhimthatIwillmoveinwithhim."

I mumbled the sentence so fast that it was no way she could have heard. But this was Sophia. She had supernatural abilities when it came to fishing information out of people.

"You're moving in with him?" she asked in confusion.

"Isn't that the reason you bought that house and..."

She stopped herself and I could almost hear how the wheels in her brain screeched.

"Wait a minute. You're not meaning what I think you do, are you?"

I didn't know what to say. I just chewed on my bottom lip and prayed that she wouldn't get mad at me.

"You're moving to America? You're gonna live at Neverland? With Michael?"

"Well... Preferably," I giggled, but she didn't even listen.

"Teleport Michael through the phone so I can hug him and slap his head!"

"What?" I gasped.

"Why would you do that?"

"Duh. I obviously wanna hug him for finally managing to persuade you into becoming his wife. But I also want to slap him for stealing my best friend."

"He's not stealing me away from you, Soph. You'll always be my best friend. And who knows, maybe you're gonna marry Travis and move here too?"

I asked because I wasn't sure how to put my next question. The big one. The one I dreaded to know the answer to.

"Naw. I don't think that'll ever gonna happen. We're not like you guys, pregnant and getting married and all. We're just fooling around. We're not ready for anything serious. At least not me. And especially now that I'm gonna help you run... Wait a minute! Who's gonna take care of the hotel business if you move to Neverland?"

I sighed. As always, she was spot on. Most times I was annoyed that she was constantly drawing her own conclusions, but now she actually helped me defining the elephant in the room. The big, pink one with ribbons on its tail and a cute hat on its...

"Ana!"

"Uhm..."

"Did you hear me?"

"Uhm..." I repeated again, still not sure how to put it.

"Your parents are planning on going to Tennessee in a couple of weeks, and I overheard them discussing which of their belongings they want to keep or sell. Oh, and by the way, can you ask them if I can get the old closet in their bedroom?"