Ch. 48: Chaos

"Why did you kiss him?"

He knew? How did he know when it was barely a couple hours since it happened?

"It's all over the fucking news, Ana! And you told me that you'd barely spoken to the boy?"

I felt myself go hot and cold in a matter of milliseconds, and I became nauseous.

"Michael... I..."

"So maybe he is the father after all? Is that it?"

"No! Are you insane?"

"I don't know! You tell me? All I can see is you eating that guy's face off!"

"It was just a short peck!" I exclaimed, unable to find a single word that could express my chaotic mind. But I pulled at Alejandro's arm and pointed at the door.

"Go find Kazu and bring him here," I said to him, and he nodded and did as told. Then I reached for the TV remote. But Sophia beat me to it.

"Holy sh..." she said quietly, when she saw a short footage of herself outside the hotel, yelling at the journalists. Then there was a picture of Sarah, before a closeup of me kissing Kazu filled the entire screen.

"It doesn't look like a short peck to me!" Michael hissed, with anger and hurt evident in his voice. And he had all rights to be mad at me.

"I swear, Michael! He looked so sad, and I felt sorry for him because Sarah used his kindness to..."

"You kissed him because he was sad?!"

His voice cracked a bit at the end. Was he crying?

"Well..."

"You could at least have given me a heads up. 'Hello, I'm Ana. I'm so nice that I walk around and kiss all the sad guys I can find, just to make them happy again.'," he said with sarcasm seeping from every words, while he changed his voice to make him sound like me.

"But I'm not! And you're kissing your fans all the time..."

"Not on the lips! Kissing on the lips is for people you love and are close to. So I guess that explains it, then."

"No, it doesn't! Look, I messed up. I felt sorry for him because Sarah ripped him off and sold the picture of him to the press. I don't know how much she got, but Kazu only got twenty dollars."

"So you ki..."

"I wasn't done!" I yelled, feeling just as upset as he did.

"Sarah gave him twenty dollars and a kiss from me."

I made a microscopic pause.

"And I didn't even know! But he looked so sad and embarrassed for telling me, that I actually thought he deserved one."

Sophia facepalmed and closed her eyes.

"You are so stupid!" she mouthed and slapped the back of my head. I yelped quietly before I continued to explain.

"Kazu got dragged into this completely unaware of what kind of snake Sarah is. And now she has created more chaos than when you yell 'Bomb!' at an airport."

He didn't respond.

"Michael? Are you there?"

"Yeah," he said lowly.

"It was all a set up. Why else would Sarah appear out of nowhere, ready to take a picture? And Sophia was there the whole time, so she saw it all. It was just an innocent peck, Michael."

The door suddenly opened behind us, and Alejandro came in with Kazu following close behind. Both had their eyes on me.

"He's here! Kazu is here. You can ask him everything you want. Just know that his English isn't the best, which is part of the reason why all of this happened in the first place."