Morning Separation

Chapter 4

Even though they had just met, Cilian and Brock got along great; after all both of them were up at the crack of dawn to ready the others on the journey ahead. Paul was up early too but he did not exactly count for getting along great. All Paul did was grunt at anyone asking him questions as he packed his bag. Pretty soon Brock and Cilian forgot about his existence as they started swapping recipes.

The Pokémon were the next ones up, then one by one their trainers crawled from their bed; except for the exception of Dawn and her Piplup. A loud scream was how they started their morning.

“My HAIR!!” Was the scream that echoed from Dawn’s room. A few seconds later came the almost expected phrase “Piplup bubblebeam!”

“Piiipppluuuup”

Paul frowned before turning to Iris and Drew who had just wandered into the room. “Did I just hear what I did?”

“Piiikaachuuuu!!”

“AHHHHHHH!!! I’m up!! I’m Up!!!” Came from the room next to them.”

“Iris and Drew sweatdropped. “That is normal, the other one, not so much, guess Dawn had bad hair this morning.” Iris admitted stuffing a brush into her pack.

“You mean every morning.” Giggled May dancing into the room. “Can’t you smell it? Brock’s been cooking!”

Ash stumbled into the room next. “What’s with everyone in here? Whats up?”

Cilian poked his head into the room next. “Breakfast is served everyone, so get ready and let’s eat.”

Ash and May had stars in their eyes. “Really? Yesss.” They roared before rushing off. Drew and Iris exchanged a confused look before calmly leaving.

“Cilian is good at cooking but you would think they hadn’t eaten for years!” She was heard exclaiming before the door swung closed behind her.

Paul grunted before standing and swinging his bag on his back, he was about to move for the door when it swung open and Misty peeked in. She had not yet tied up her hair so it fell across her shoulders. She stepped in and appeared to be looking for people before she looking at him.

Paul frowned at her, was she blind?

“Everyone went gone to breakfast? Even Dawn and Ash?” She asked him.

Paul was stuck on whether or not he should answer such an obvious question when Misty answered it herself.

“Of course they did, just that I thought I heard voices in here.”  She smiled at Paul before leaving. Paul shook his head before heading to the door himself, he opened it in time to see Dawn rush pass him in an obvious hurry to catch up to Misty who had reached the end of the corridor.

“Blue.” He grunted rolling his eyes at her rush. It was morning and already he wondering about his wisdom about travelling with a group. All the unnecessary talking and attacking and eating when they could be training and pushing themselves.

Paul caught himself out of that train of thought before he could continue. That was my old training style. He thought to himself. It did not work all that good last time, or really all this time. I must have been doing something wrong all these times. THAT’S why I’m here, to change so I can be the best. But I’m going to have to learn to take advice first.

Head down, hands in pockets, Paul strode off to where the others were waiting.

***********************************************************************************