Deep dark emotions, Warning words

Chapter 46

Cilan felt exhausted after the small trip they had taken. Iris had retreated to the girls room along with May after they got back. No need to question why, May had smiled as she waved to Manaphy goodbye. She managed to smile and continue conversations but her eyes kept watering.

“This sort of thing.” Drew moaned as he sat in the lobby. “I don’t know how we are supposed to deal.”

“If you can’t take May going all teary eyed. How are you going to take Misty getting Misty?” Gary mumbled kicking the base of a potted plant.”

“Not my job.” Drew laughed.

“I’m glad I won’t have that problem.” Paul grunted playing with a strange knot in his hand.

“Misty won’t.” Ash interrupted. “You can count on her staying strong. Besides that and this is totally different.”

“These random legendaries popping up around you.” Drew said throwing a cushion at Ash who easily caught it. “Please stop it. It’s like you are a myth book and we have quizzes every moment.”

“Sorry.” Ash grinned, he did not look the least bit sorry.

“You know the thing is. Now that we have Misty and Ash back. Now that they are out the clinic and the anything else. Don’t the rest of you have problems?” Cilan commented. Drew tossed a dirty look in his direction.

“Don’t start. You have no idea how I’m envying you on how easy you have it. Every time I turn I’m seeing that guy. Every time Paul takes a step he has to be seeing that puppy. Every time Ash breathes that guy turns up.”

Cilan grinned. “Don’t know what you could possibly mean.”

“Yes you do.” Paul yawned. “It’s worst for Drew. He finds me terrifying.”

“Do not go there. I’m ready to shake that classless jerk down.” Drew sniffed flicking his hair back.

“He knows what he will be running into.” Ash said clenching his fist as Pikachu sat on his shoulders giving him a worried look.

“How long will we have them around?” Drew questioned aloud. “That includes you.” He informed Gary who rolled his eyes.

“I might turn up at Misty’s apparent showdown. That is it. Might see you guys before you leave but I won’t bet on it.” Gary said frowning up at the ceiling.

“Thank mercies.” Drew smiled.

“I think those guys will be tagging along.” Cilan said running through in his head all he had been told. “Barry for sure plans on separating often. He has a run about schedule. Most it does not make sense.”

“That’s normal.” Ash dismissed.

“After that well it is wait and see. Georgio and Kenny do not warm up to me as much as Brendan does.” Cilan confessed. “After the rescue I fear I may learn even less.”

“Tell you what.” Drew mused. “We all know what this is leading to. Maybe not Ash but still we have a fair idea. Anyone want to bet on the odds?”

Cilan felt warmth burst in his heart. Even though he was infinitely glad he did not have to face the trouble the others had he was glad to know that they were not letting anything get them down.

“Count me in.” He laughed.

“Better keep this a secret from Iris.” Gary laughed.

“From all the girls.” Ash added as he tapped Pikachu on the nose. “Even PikaPals buddy. This is between men.”