Assemble Search to bring Home (A.S.H.)

Chapter 36

Ash was rudely awoken by the sound of his PokeGear loudly ringing. He sat up half asleep trying to dig around for it.

For the majority of this journey it had remained silent he was curious as to why it was ringing now of all times. He heard the sounds of the others waking up and sighed.

This person whoever it was had very sucky timing. It was nowhere near close to morning. It had to be at least 4am or something.

Pikachu sleepily climbed onto his shoulder and slumped as Ash dug in his bag harder as the ringing persisted on. Just what was so important so early in the morning?

Ash heard Cilan get down from his bunk as well as Paul. Looked as if they were silently saying there was no use in going back to sleep.

Well for them it made sense. In another hour they would be waking up anyway. He heard  Drew sigh and sitting up, displaying just how much of a bother all of this was.

Finally finding the PokeGear in his bag Ash seized it in delight now wide awake. Glancing at the number and name showing up he frowned in confusion.

“May? At this time?” He wondered just what was up? This was the last thing he expected. Ash saw Drew give him a glance. Say May and Drew was listening. Just like a good rival should. Pressing the answer button Ash was bombarded with May’s noisy voice.

“Ash? Ash? Ash?” May said her voice coming through clearly. Paul, Cilan and Drew came close for a better look and all were frozen at the sight of a tearful sobbing May.

“Ash!” She sobbed again causing them all to give each other cautious looks.

“Um, May? What wrong? It’s early you know?” Ash stammered. May’s response was to burst into more noisy tears sudden Dawn’s image appeared on the screen as well.

“I’m so sorry Ash, we just got back.” Dawn half whispered. “The questions went on for so long we only now got back to call you and tell you.” She broke off tears running down her cheeks.

“I’m so sorry Ash.” May cried.

“We are so sorry, so sorry please we are so sorry.” Dawn gasped. “We were in another part of it when the shakes happened and we didn’t even know anything like this was even possible. We are so sorry we didn’t couldn’t do anything and we don’t know anything, I’m so sorry.”

“Sorry.” Ash repeated his hands growing chilled. “Sorry for what, I can barely get what you are trying to tell me. It’s so early. You aren’t making any sense. Where is Misty? Why isn’t she there?”

May burst into more noisy tears and Ash’s heart clenched. “That’s what we are trying to tell you.” May sobbed. “We are so sorry. We were in the ruins and they think she discovered something but we can’t find her and I never, I’m so sorry Ash!”

“In all the research everyone has done. I’ve never ever heard about this. No one knows anything about what we saw. We, they can’t find her anywhere. They can’t go after her yet. I don’t know. Ash, please.” Dawn begged. “Please hurry, I’m so sorry but please. Find Misty!”

“Pikachu-pi?” Pikachu whispered on his stiff shoulders.

“No, not Misty.” Cilan whispered.

“What the hell, what is going on?” Paul asked a sliver of anger in his voice. “Those ruins are supposed to be harmless.

“What the, this is so not.” Drew broke off to swear harshly under his breath. “This sort of thing is not suppose to happen.

“Ash, what are you going to do?” Cilan asked as Dawn cried harder.