Troublesome Admirers

Chapter 50

Ash had watched the whole thing fighting the urge to jump out of his seat. However when he had seen her breech the surface looking like a conquer he had leapt out his seat causing Pikachu and Toki to fly into Dawn’s lap.

He did say sorry but it was an exciting thing to watch. She came up like a victor. Misty was amazing. The fact that she took her time to get to the finish line really laid it in for people.

Watching the progress on the screen he had heard the bits of encouragement for her from various sections.

It really did seem like it was just between Ross and Misty for the whole race. To see him stumble in after her. Having to give in made him grin. She had done it.

Then having her face him and give a thumbs up. He was not too sure how she knew he was there but he was glad anyway.

This part was over. There was no need to worry. They could relax a bit more. Ash ran his thumb absentmindedly over his lip.

At least that was what he wanted to say but he had a feeling it might not exactly go that way. Misty down below started walking to the trainers tent and his eyes followed her. She looked exhausted. Keeping balance on that little Floatie looked tough.

He kept his mind away from the things that disturbed him a bit. Like Jessie earlier. Like knowing Georgio was just somewhere waiting to bring trouble. He pushed it all away because it no longer mattered.

Grinning down at the other people who had competed now coming into the stadium Ash looked at their faces even though he knew that he would forget them soon.

“Look Toki!” He pointed. “They all lost to Mommy!”

“I thought you said you were not going to baby Toki.” Dawn scolded from next to him.

“But she won!” Ash protested.

“We are lucky we even found time to watch this.” Paul mused next to Dawn one arm slung around the back of her seat. “But lucky for us everything practically shuts down just for this.”

“I know.” Drew sighed from next to Paul. Ash saw May next to him curiously looking over. “The race is exciting and all but for everything to stop just for this race. It is a big deal.”

“Still weird.” Paul said and Drew groaned.

“If it is weird I really don’t want to know. I’m fine just thinking it is weird. I’ll leave adventures to the dumb ones like Ash.”

“Hey!” Ash protested glaring at Drew but Drew was already brushing away at May’s hair.

“Dumb people like you like that kinda stuff too. All those expeditions and nothing is even happening.” Drew chuckled as she blushed.

Ash looked away stifling his smile. No sense getting in any angry mood with Drew. The guy had his hands full. They all did except for him. he felt like sulking a little but a cheer from the crowd again floated up and he shrugged it away. Misty was the one on stage again.

But he did not mind, not after that look on her face, it made thinking about that a lot easier.

************************************************************************************

The ceremony for the prize giving had not started so May slipped away for snacks. Usually she loved these sort of things and Drew ran from them but now it was switched.

She felt so tense just sitting watching the set up had her itchy. Maybe it was because she knew who else was in the stadium watching everything closely.