Under Interrogations are strict warnings

Chapter 44

“And that’s all?” Officer Jenny asked them. Misty nodded. She was knocked out for a good percent of this whole thing. There was not much she could have told them except how it all started.

“Well yeah. Right Pikachu?” Ash said sitting next to her.

The police interrogation room was rather nice. Misty guessed they spruced it up a bit before hustling them into there.

“This is just, I don’t know how to say it.” Officer Jenny said raking a free hand through her hair. “Why did something so confusing have to happen in my town?”

Misty could sympathize with the woman. “As I said the Lugia plans on returning back to the sea. He won’t be walking and flying around town like that again.”

“For its safety that would be a great idea.” Officer Jenny mumbled. “It’s hard enough having to hid the existence of all these rare and in some cases thought to be extinct Pokémon. I don’t need poachers in this town.”

“The crystalife people?” Misty asked curiously.

“They want to live out of town like their people used to. They plan on building a temple and going on just as before. So they will hopefully be no trouble.” Jenny breathed.

“Hopefully being the operative word.” Ash muttered.

“So that aura thing from earlier. You can’t just get that you were saying right.” Officer Jenny said looking serious. “Serious training or forced unlocking like you think happened here for your friend.” Jenny said pointing at Misty.

“Well Ash here might be the spiritual descendant of someone powerful so that might explain him.” Misty started before stopping. “Then again let us just call him a weird anomaly and stop at that. There is no explaining Ash when it comes to Pokémon.”

“Thanks.” Ash said dryly.

“My head hurts.” Officer Jenny complained. “I got everything needed from you for a report so you are free to go. Next are the king, high priests and the prince.”

“You need overtime pay.” Misty said as she stood up.

“Tell that to the mayor in this town.” Jenny sighed as she started putting her note papers in a file. “My men are so hard at work but all I plead she won’t raise their pay a cent. I’m fine it’s just me but some of them have families.”

Misty smiled. Officer Jenny’s no matter where were so kind hearted. There was no hiding anything from any of them either. Great officers. All the same, the Jenny’s and Joy’s.

“Sorry about my attitude earlier.” Ash said rubbing his head.

“It’s okay Ash.” Jenny smiled. “It was the worry talking.”

“But still.” Ash mumbled. “I shouldn’t have acted just I was so worried.”

Ash was still mumbling apologies under his breath after Officer Jenny showed them out of the station. Misty slid him a slight glance. He really did look really apologetic.

“Let up Ash.” She said to cheer him up. Absently Ash grabbed her hand with his and began to pull her in the direction of the Centre.

“Sure thing. After we get us some food. Pikachu and I are starving.” Misty laughed out loud. Ash never let anything get him down for very long.

“Please wait. Ash Ketchum from Pallet town.” A soft voice called to them. Looking around Misty saw a woman in a hooded robe approaching them with a Lucario at her side.