Water Maiden

Chapter 49

The city of Laechyba was  prosperous city. Lying at the foot of two mountains it was supposed to be a visited place from all over.

At least that was what the guide book said. Ash personally thought the place looked like nothing too new. It had water coming down from the mountains and plenty of space. What exactly made it so popular?

“When we get a chance we are going up to the sacred mountains Cilan.” Ash heard Iris tell Cilan in the seat ahead of him.

That at least answered the question of what made it so popular. People got so fussy over something like the past and prayers. For Iris to still be like that even after meeting the Crystalife group, showed that not much had changed.

He looked next to him in the bus seat where Misty was absently patting Pikachu in her lap that was curled around a sleeping Toki.

Misty had been thinking since they left. He wanted to talk to her but he never managed it. Tomorrow was her challenge with the Ross guy.

It was not a requirement for Misty to win but he so badly wanted her to. Even though at the moment all she did was ignore him and make plans for herself and frequently disappear to train whenever they were not on the move.

Being cut off like this. He expected it to bother him at least a bit but it did not. He hid his smile and looked over her head to the outside.

Everything had progressed nicely if he said so. After Misty’s Milotic had evolved they had not once stopped the fast pace they set.

Riolu had been in battle after battle. Riolu was a great learn. He did not hate the pokeballs like Pikachu just preferred to be able to walk around so Ash let him.

He was not the only one doing things like that. Every time he looked around Drew had his Zorua out dozing on his lap. Ash hoped Drew did not forget he was going to battle with Zorua not keep her as a pet.

Those two were always going off playing or sleeping now. It made Ash uneasy. This laid back Drew was weird. Ash knew they had a plan, they always had a plan but it did not look like it.

Just seemed that Drew was happily bonding with his Pokémon not a care in the world but was that so right?

Ash looked across the bus where Drew and May were sitting together. May leaned her head against Drew’s shoulder as they stared out the window in silence. If it had not been for the clenched hands Ash would have dismissed it all.

It looked like they made it somewhere but their thoughts looked to be elsewhere. It was not his business but they looked close but not exactly. He knew Brendan was Drew’s biggest problem but May looked troubled too.

The only ones as easy going as the two in front him just had to be Dawn and Paul. Those two were behind Drew and May fast asleep resting on each other.

Ash knew that Paul had left the group a few times to attend events a little far away then come back after it was over. He did not think the others noticed it though. Unless one was watching Paul intensely or he told you. You would never know what he was up to.

Bianca squealed in the seat in front of Iris and Cilan and Ash smiled. It was nice having this. This whole journey. Being with Misty and his Pokémon. Sadly he could only see and react to what was happening right that moment. When Misty challenged Ross and beat him or not. He would concentrate from there.

*************************************************************************************

Misty stretched a bit as she tried drying her clammy hands. This was it finally. The day of the event. After all the planning. Preparing and travelling. She was going to do the showdown at last.