Epilogue

Chapter 54

It’s been a good seven years since we last saw our trainers. Ash, Pikachu, Cilan, Iris, Dawn, Paul, Drew, May and Misty. Them and the many others we saw on their journey through the Xentru region. They have not been slacking in these years each of our trainers have been going straight for their dreams.

The connection forged between them throughout their group travels have not cracked in the least. One can say that this journey was the turning point for many of them.

Not that the new journey towards their goals was not painful or hard but having a goal to pursue after they achieved their original goal has helped them plenty.

*********************************************************************************

“It looks so lonely up there.” Drew scoffed as he playfully poked at the one Grand festival Trophy May had on her shelf in her room. “It needs friends. Look at it, all by itself.”

“I’m sure your three trophies are extremely good friends.” May huffed coming up behind him to stop his poking at the trophy.

“They are.” He laughed giving up playing with her one trophy to embrace her. “I’m thinking of giving it one more friend so that they can couple up.”

“Yeah right. As if I’m going to let that happen.” May said rolling her eyes and reaching up to pull his cheek. Drew just grinned through it. This was not the original goal he started out with when he started coordinating but it was just fine.

“I think you are getting ahead of yourself though.” She pouted. “Solidad beat us this time.”

“It was close, but next time it’s going to be me at the top.”

“Nope.” May laughed. “I’m going to beat you again.”

“Hey!” Came from downstairs. “May! Your dad is back! Bring Drew down so we can have dinner! We so rarely have you home.”

“We should go.” May said pulling away from him.

“Yeah.” He smiled letting her pull away. “No matter how often I come here your mom amazes me. Treating us like kids still.” It was a heady feeling. Taking May’s hand Drew used his other hand to switch off May’s bedroom light as they left the room.

*************************************************************************************

Cilan yawned as he continued reading his book. It was something he already heard of but he was reading it anyway. Seeing it up close was one thing but actually reading it was another.

He heard footsteps padding towards him and smiled at Iris coming from the training section of her gym. Her look of surprise pleased him as she spotted him lazing away in the gym lounge.

“When did you get back?” She frowned.

“This morning but you were busy so I decided to wait.” He stood up and put aside the book.

“You could have come and told me!” She said placing her hands on her hips. Hugging her Cilan breathed in her scent. Like soft lilies something not expected considering her Dragon nature but he was blessed enough to know about it.

“I knew you had back to back challenges. The league is coming up. I could wait a bit longer and I came earlier than expected. It’s been only ten months this time.” Cilan told her tipping her face up.

“It still felt like forever.” Iris mumbled pressing her face into his chest. He laughed at that but yelped when she nipped at him.

“Sorry.”