Aura's Voice

Chapter 42

For people who wanted to only be left alone. Paul could not understand why they kept flaunting themselves. He was sitting outside the room when the royal progression from the cult strutted in.

It was only the prince and his progression but Paul almost wished to be elsewhere. Except he could not. Because Dawn was off playing hostess with the others. And that guy was there too.

“So they are awake.” The prince said as he adjusted his robes and sat.

“I don’t even want to know.” Paul informed him closing his eyes.

“I really thought she would be a help to us you know.” The prince sighed.

“Not interested in hearing this.” Paul grunted.

“She would have made a fine princess.” The prince mused on.

“You would have looked nice in a casket.” Paul responded sitting up.

“I guess I might have ended up there. Even though I saw the founder as a child. Never have I been able to make it to the beast’s lair. Was not strong enough I guess.” The prince laughed.

“I thought she would be able to guide us in the way. She looked like the founder. Summoned the beast. I thought she might be able to quell it. But we should have been doing less currying of favour and more trying to return to above.”

“Did you see that Lugia’s eyes?” Paul asked feeling amusement. “Only Ash could have done that. He’s an idiot who cares only about making friends with Pokémon and using their inner strength while keeping them safe. If anything your founder was in him not Misty.”

“Your soul is dark.” The Prince informed him. Paul’s lips tipped up in a smirk.

“I know. I prefer it that way.”

“It’s not pitch black though.”

“I’m betting my soul was once the darker of the darkest.”

“Do you not seek redemption?”

“I have goals I want to achieve. When I achieve them and I’m satisfied. Who knows.” Paul tipped his head to face the Prince. “Maybe then I’ll cleanse my tainted soul so it won’t offend people like you.”

“When you do.” The prince said getting to his feet. “You might discover a power you never knew could exist. But who knows I could be wrong. Your soul is so dark I might be reading it wrong.”

Paul narrowed his eyes watching the Prince and his procession take their time and head back down the corridor.

In the beginning he thought they were there to annoy Ash and Misty. But could it be there was another purpose?

What was that nut talking about? Honestly all Paul wanted was to get away from the wacko people. Moving his hands across the bench in irritation he frowned when he hit something.

A strange piece of rope tied in a knot he could not recognise. That Prince. Somehow the freak had dropped it when he was having his little talk with him.

It could be by means no accident. Whatever this rope did. It was supposed to help him. what an annoying cocky freak that prince was. Paul shook his head in exasperation but he was still smiling.

**********************************************************************************

Drew wanted to swear terribly as he and Gary approached the clinic only to see the array of freaks just about to leave it.