Drew's performance partner

Chapter 32

Drew woke up alone. It was not something he was not accustomed to, but after everything from the night before. He expected to be surrounded by the others.

Sitting up slowly he dragged his arm across his face to wake up faster. Even with the curfew he had not gotten to bed before 1 am. Even then it was earlier than the others.

Removing his hand Drew yawned before stretching and sitting up. Looking to the other bunk bed he noticed that Paul’s bed was made up and empty. Looking down he saw the same for Cilan.

That certainly meant the chances of Ash and the professor nut to be still sleeping was highly dim. Kicking off his covers Drew stretched his legs before leaping down the to the ground. The ladder to climb was too much of a bother.

The slight jar to his legs was nothing more than a wake up warm up. Stretching again he saw he really was alone. His gaze went to the window as he frowned and saw that it was barely light.

It most likely was not even seven yet. Just where had everyone gone? Making his way to the bathroom Drew searched his slightly groggy head for some sort of clues.

The night before Cilan had been excited over some brochure so he most likely had escaped to some attraction or place of interest.

He could have dragged along Iris or something maybe even May, Dawn and Misty. Drew nodded to himself.

The girls were the sort to do a little sightseeing. It was not like they had managed to do any while they had gotten here. Somehow they were just too busy.

Or the girls could have gone shopping leaving Cilan alone. Catching a glance of himself in the mirror Drew grinned before stepping into the shower. Girls were just so difficult to figure out especially those ones.

Turning on the water Drew mused to himself. Ash most likely was off somewhere kicking himself over the night before. There was only a slight chance that he had dragged Misty off somewhere.

No there was a better chance of Ash trying to pull himself together off somewhere maybe through training or he could have gotten dragged to the sightseeing.

All possible actions. Ash could have also gone for a walk. Drew winced as the water took a sudden turn for colder. The thing about Ash was that it was hard to predict his moves.

He really was abnormal. There was something that just threw you off each time. Everyone believed in using strength and weaknesses but Ash somehow managed to bring out true power by the most bizarre of means.

Grasping the knob to turn off the shower Drew switched it off. He was the contest coordinator here but he had to bow down to Ash in terms of putting on a show to put you on the edge of a seat.

Ash did not fully understand the contest world. Or take it very seriously. If he did Drew would have to drop May as the serious rival and focus on solely Ash.

Leaving the bathroom Drew felt himself dipping into another sullen mood. His strength was something he knew was to be reckoned with but he needed something to shake things up.

Dressing Drew ignored the empty room. Everyone had gone their own way for which ever reasons. Now he would set out himself a walk to really get what he was missing.

Something that would help him keep his mask when he went up against that Tower King. Something that would give him an edge no one would be able to take from him or ever mimic.

Grinning into the mirror as he brushed his hair with a comb Drew set down the comb with a flourish and fixed his bang with his fingers. He wanted to shine. Be in an original light no one else would be able to share. Nothing was wrong with that.